Firmware trouble

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by tmunter, Apr 15, 2008.

1. tmunter

tmunter New Member

Hi guys, I posted this accedentally in the 1.1.4 forum, so I'll quote my self a nd give a link to the original thread.

"I really need your guys help, and anything would be helpfull.
    I treid to use ipodtouchmasters 1.1.4 jailbreak, and when it claimed that the jailbreak was done, all I got was the black screen with the text on my ipod. I unpluged, and now all I get is "BSD root: md0, major 2, minor 0" reapeating over and over again. PLEASE, I need help."

Original Thread
  2. therealduckie

therealduckie Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Have you tried holding the Power button and the Spring button at the same time and plugging it into iTunes for a restore?
  3. tmunter

tmunter New Member

Yeah, I did, the ipod turned off and showed the apple logo, but when it was supposed to load the firmware, I got the same screen. If I have time I'll make a video about it.

However, I think that if I can acces the ipod with a program that can enter the files with a ipod cable, and a copy of the firmware, I could manually install the firmware.
  4. Ryan

Ryan Well-Known Member

Device:
    Nexus 4
    have you put into DFU mode? and tryed to restore. I got the BSD root: md0, major 2, minor 0 thing when i jailbroke using Ziphone after already being jailbroken and quiting half way through. I fixed by putting into DFU mode and then just installing the fw again.