Firmware question

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by RickNC, May 25, 2010.

1. RickNC

RickNC New Member

several apps I have attempted to DL from Cydia will not allow because is says firmware requirements are >=3.0

I have and Itouch 3G with 3.1.3

why can I not get these to work? The Ibluever really excites me but I cannot DL....

I am extremely ignorant on tis as I just got the thing so I appreciate any help.

Thanks.
  2. ThaCrossroads

ThaCrossroads Banned

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    maybe restore
  3. RickNC

RickNC New Member

if I restore then I lose all my Cydia apps and have to JB again correct?
  4. ThaCrossroads

ThaCrossroads Banned

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    yeah and you can back it up first if you want
  5. Naveen121

Naveen121 Well-Known Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    • Piracy
    Okay, I understand your problem and I think I can help. The thing is, until recently, the firmware 3.1.3 was unjailbreakable. So all of the apps, themes, tweaks, and other programs are made for firmware 3.1.2 and under. That is the main reason you are having problems. The apps, themes, or tweaks are not yet modified in order to work for the firmware 3.1.3. But don't worry, the developers are currently working on it. I also have an untethered jailbreak on the firmware 3.1.3, and I was able to download everything I wanted. The only thing I have noticed that doesn't work is [REDACTED]. So you can wait if you want, or restore and rejailbreak on 3.1.2. But you could physically write down all of the packages and sources from cydia, so you could redownload them later if you wish to restore. Well, I hope this helps.