Firmware Issue

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Dreaded, Jul 9, 2010.

1. Dreaded

Dreaded New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I am currently running the follow firmware on my iPod Touch 3G: (iPod2,1_3.1.2_7D11_Restore).

The problem is that iTunes recognizes it as a 2G device and does not let me restore back to the 3G 3.1.3 firmware, which is what I need. It tells me that my device does not support the 3G 3.1.3 firmware, which it does (of course).

How would I go about doing this?
  2. Jhnny

Jhnny Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Use the 2G firmware for 3.1.2. If you want a full jailbreak for that also use Spirit. I had the same problem. I got some 3000 error.
  3. Dreaded

Dreaded New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I'm already on the 2G firmware for 3.1.2, but I need to restore to the 3G firmware for 3.1.3. The problem is that if I update to 4.0 when the jailbreak is released, iTunes will think that my device is a 2G device and I won't get the features such as multi-tasking and home wallpapers.

Thanks for the quick response.

Please Register or Log in to view images

4. Jhnny

Jhnny Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Why do you need the 3g firmware?
  5. Dreaded

Dreaded New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    The problem is that if I update to 4.0 when the jailbreak is released, iTunes will think that my device is a 2G device and I won't get the features such as multi-tasking and home wallpapers.
  6. Jhnny

Jhnny Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Try wiping the device by going to Settings>General>Reset>Erase All Content and Settings. Then restore to the 3G firmware.
  7. Dreaded

Dreaded New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Unfortunately that didn't do anything. It still doesn't allow me to restore. If anyone has any suggestions, please post; all help is greatly appreciated.
  8. SPGreenawalt

SPGreenawalt Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Wouldn't he be using iPod Touch 2g MC (later model) that people call 3g? Sorry if thats incorrect but in my understanding quite a few people think they can get wallpaper on homescreen and multitasking with that and upgrade and then complain if your using MC model go to 3.1.2 using Ipod Touch 2g 3.1.2 and then jailbreak using the new jb thats on front page (Sn0wbreeze?). IF what I am thinking is correct your going to be stuck at IOS 4 without the multitasking and wallpaper on homescreen.

Edit: I see question now. You need 3.1.3 shsh blob backed up then you can go to 3.1.3, you can't without it because apple stopped signing 3.1.3. Also when jailbreak is release (sort of is) then you can edit plist file to enable multitasking and homescreen wallpaper.
  9. Dreaded

Dreaded New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I don't have any SHSH Blobs backed up so I guess I'll have to wait for the release of the jailbreak and then manually edit the plist file. Thanks for the help guys.

EDIT: I was able to successfully jailbreak it running on 4.0. Now to manually enable multi-tasking and all those other goodies...