iOS 4.0 Firmware Downgrade Query

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by mitchem, Aug 16, 2010.

1. mitchem

mitchem Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Sooo... Yesterday I decided to DFU restore my iPhone as the battery percentage bar was annoying me for various reasons.

I have my SHSH file stored on Cydia's server so was good to go at restoring without being upgraded to 4.0.2 or so I thought.

Tried various tutorials about putting the Cydia server address in the host file etc... When I tried to restore at the end I would get a message along the lines of The iPhone "iPhone" could not restore because of error (1001) and would then stay in the connect to iTunes screen. A bit more mucking about and was finally able to boot my iPhone using Umbrella and the option "Kick my iPhone out of recovery".

I then went to change the host file back to normal and noticed that whilst trying various things I had re-entered the Cydia server address wrong so technically I reinstalled my firmware without using the Cydia server with my SHSH file.

What I want to know is if you try and downgrade your iPhone from 4.0.2 to 4.0.1 using shift restore when does the iPhone stop restoring - straight away or after its done everything? Because if I did restore without Cydia maybe people could downgrade without using SHSH - just a idea!

Sorry for the long post. Hope people understand what im going on about!
  2. Psyko

Psyko Member

I think Apple are still signing 4.0.1. Same thing happened when 4.0.1 was released. 4.0 was still being signed. Even when 4.0 was out, 3.1.3 kept being signed for a few more days.

(I'm not certain but from thel ooks of your post you dont have your blobs. What I wrote above is the only way you possibly could've downgraded, unless you had your blobs)
  3. mitchem

mitchem Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    I thought they might of still been signing but why did it come up with the error message?

I definatly have my SHSH saved as when I open Cydia its says I have them stored.

I wana hear from someone who has tried to downgrade from 4.0.2 to 4.0.1.