Firmware and summerboard help

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Fezikk, Apr 13, 2008.

1. Fezikk

Fezikk New Member

hey i got Iliberty on my PC and i uploaded the new 1.1.2 or w/e for the Firmware and i tried to download the customizer and it says my firmware isnt updated? any help i could get on this? also i tried to use summerboard to customize my ipod touch. (1.1.4) and it never makes the theme changes i try to apply, i mainly just want to change icon images, and the slide to unlock portions can anyone give me some good step by step instructions so a dumb Army Sgt can understand it lol. thanks.

Sgt Morris
    US ARMY
  2. ilovemipod

ilovemipod New Member

look at the bottom of your summerboard app, if it says inactive in parentheses, hold the power and home button to reboot your ipod, if it doesn't say inactive, add the ipod touched repo to your installer app, refresh sources, then go to the iPod Touched Category and install Summerboard Theme Fix...

should work out for you
    go army.
  3. Fezikk

Fezikk New Member

darn thing the heck with summerboard, i got the 1.1.3 theme fix and it still isnt working, its very VERY aggrivating. so maybe i am doing something wrong. and where can i find this PM is it only for iphone or can touch use it. i found an IM is it the same thing. gosh it sucks being a noob at this, maybe if i was still learning old softwares still it would be easier, the army is teaching us windows 7 and what not already lol.

Sgt Morris
    US Army
  4. ilovemipod

ilovemipod New Member

i don't know what else to tell you except for that summerboard annoyed me like crazy and eventually somehow worked lol.....PM? the only pm i know of is private messaging, and thats on this website, IM could be instant messaging for your ipod touch and you can use AIM and a few other IM providers....
  5. Fezikk

Fezikk New Member

huh interesting, lol i dont want to keep trying summerboard. getting perdy annoying already... so whats this BSD subsystem thing i heard you needed it for alot of applications but so far i havent used it and my apps are running alright only summerboard wont go right. and do you know how to update Firmware?