Firmware 4.0 wishlist

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by LXZ, Oct 6, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LXZ

LXZ New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    So, everyone is mad about the 3G not getting a camera and the 8GB being a bait and switch tactic. But after all the ruckus settles we must look forward to the next iPhone OS update.
    I am curious to know what you would like to see in 4.0, and what would make it worth your 19.99 or 9.99 or whatever they charge for it.

My wishlist.
    Application Organization: Ok, so we can now move around applications in iTunes and pages. How about give us folders. or some kind of better organization that I am not thinking of.. I feel so unorganized when I look at all my applications.

Bluetooth Updates: (2G or 3G only) Apple, being the Juggernaut of innovation that they are, fail when it comes to beating the competition in the general market. Currently the only thing that bluetooth can be used for is is playing your music through A2DP headphones/speakers, and playing through a A2DP enabled computer, and peer2peer between other iPhones and Touch's these features are great but why put crippled bluetooth into such a great device? With the 4.0 firmware update I want to be able to send photos and videos across the air to my current cellphone and computer, I want to be able to tether my iPod Touch across bluetooth to my phone and connect to the internet.
    The hardware in the 3G is able to do both the above, I am unsure if the 2G supports it.

FM Transmit and Reciever: (3G Only) I want AM.. Just kidding, but anyways. The hardware is there, so enable it. Nuff said.

WiFi N: (3G Only) Again, the software is there, so enable it. I don't have a router that supports it tho

Please Register or Log in to view images

And one last thing, I want to remove those stupid stock apps like "Stocks" and "Weather" they just annoy me ;[

So what are some feasible features that you want to see in the next firmware update.
  2. tktouch12

tktouch12 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    that is what i want the most.... luckily, if apple doesnt ever catch on .. categories does it pretty well..
  3. tipnerdz

tipnerdz New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    - Folder

(Categories)
    - Stack Like In Leopard (Stack v3 beta in Cydia)
    - FLASH PLAYER 10.1 (Like on Android and other Smartphone !!!) (iMobilecinema add ons + Toggle for Sbsetting)
    - Bluetooth photo, video and music sharing (iBlutooth)
    - FM Activation on the 3G (Pandora Radio/ Nano Radio xD)
    - GIFT CARD COMPATIBLITY IN CANADA

(AppStore, I*******s)
    - A kinda Sbsetting for fast acess

4. LXZ

LXZ New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    I agree with everything you said.
    But here is something that is sucks...

The reason there may never be flash support is because flash would compete with the app store. Tons of stuff in the app store that costs is free on the internet in flash format.. so idk if we will ever see it, just have to see if apple decides to overlook that.
  5. iPhondTouch3G

iPhondTouch3G Banned

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    I want iLife/iWork mobile suite. That would be awesome. Bluetooth should be able to connect to other phones and stuff like Sansung p2s. I also want an auto matic laser activated inside the ipod that cuts open a hole and a 5 MP camera randomly appears (iPt Late09 only). Also, CPU overclocked to 642 MHz or hopefully 700 MHz. I sad to admit, but my 3G (Late09) lags a bit, but rarely.
  6. robertomano24

robertomano24 Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    4.0 already? seriously? were not even to 3.2 yet
  7. 4NewHop3

4NewHop3 Well-Known Member

Device:
    5G iPod touch
    first of all the stock apps are far from stupid...I use them all...second I do not want them removed from 4.0 ....if you are saying you want the ability to remove them then type clearly
  8. iPhondTouch3G

iPhondTouch3G Banned

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Just hide them with SBSettings
  9. LXZ

LXZ New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Although there could be, and probably will be a 3.2, it wont be a major release.
    there was a 2.1 beta, but never a 2.1 released, 2.2 was released instead and then 2.2.1 and then 3.0 (no 2.3-2.9) so there is always the chance that it will go from 3.1 - 4.0, but could go from 3.1 to 3.2.

Just depends. If 3.2 is a major update, which I doubt (probably just bug fixes) then this would be the 3.2 wishlist... I am more or less guessing that 4.0 will be the next big update.
  10. Sony_i

Sony_i New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    well your just gonna have to wait till June 2010 or July maybe
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.