Firmware 2.2 e-mail bug?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by touch2, Dec 2, 2008.

1. touch2

touch2 New Member

I contacted Apple to discuss the problem of deleting e-mail from my Touch 2G. They said it was because of an issue with them and AOL and some support problem with AOL. HUH? Anyone with any ideas for a work around? Remember this is a Touch, not an Iphone.
  2. B2TheEYo

B2TheEYo New Member

Unfortunately you got your answer from Apple, they are having troubles with AOL in some shape or form. Have you tried checking your email online versus using the mail app to see if you have any success until Apple and AOL solve this issue?

For the record, you've posted this in the 2G iPod Touch forum, so we should know what device you're talking about without question.

Please Register or Log in to view images

3. touch2

touch2 New Member

I can delete the e-mail on the computer and then it will be gone fron the 2G Touch. I just can't send the email in the Touch 2G directly to the trash can. Hope Apple developes a patch.
  4. B2TheEYo

B2TheEYo New Member

Sorry I wasn't very clear in my previous post, did you try checking your email via the Safari browser on the iPod, versus the mail app. - That's what I meant to say. =P

Yes I had a similar issue at first with my Gmail but it resolved itself.

Go to the advanced settings for that email account on the iPod, there you should see options for changing how the Trash and Drafts work. See if it's set to use the AOL trash, not the iPod's trash or vice versa.
  5. EvanXTC

EvanXTC Banned

I have my email setup on my iPod through my website and I'm having the same problem. It's not just AOL. Looks like we will be seeing an update very soon from Apple.
  6. touch2

touch2 New Member

Problem Solved

Thanks to the advice of astute posters here and on other sites, the problem has been solved. The 2.2 update changed the setting for trash. Just go into settings> mail>your account> advanced> deleted mail. Make sure this setting says" On your Ipod (or Iphone) , tap this setting for the next screen. You should then see two catagories of On your Ipod and on the server. Make sure the Trash setting under On the Ipod has a check mark. Then you are good to go. Thanks to all who helped.