Firmware 2.2.1 problem with album cover art

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X' started by coleguita77, Jun 16, 2009.

1. coleguita77

coleguita77 New Member

Hello. I know this is a very common problem, but still...

I bought an iPod touch with 1.4 firmware about 1 year ago. I always add album cover art manually. About two times, without apparent explanation, a lot of the albums cover arts messed, some mixing and some disappearing from iPod, but in iTunes everything was fine; so had to restore my iPod to original settings and then add all the music and covers again, and problem solved. But I recently upgraded to 2.2.1 firmware buying the upgrade from Apple, so i could buy applications from iTunes Store. When i upgraded, once again the album cover artwork was mixed and many covers dissapeared from iPod but not from Itunes. So I have 2 questions: What can I do to fix this? and, if the answer is restore it again, If I restore my iPod to original settings, what is going to happen to the 2.2.1 firmware I just bought? Is iTunes going to install it again in my iPod? On my iPod I don't have jailbreak or anything involving piracy.

Thank you very much for your help.
  2. wiggun

wiggun New Member

I had a problem where coverarts would appear black..
    I just manually chose the coverarts again(the same file)
    It seemed to work...
  3. qbal1

qbal1 New Member

iTunes will never downgrade an iPhone or iPod unless you really want it to, and even then it's hard. as for the album art, mine had some trouble until I completely erased all my album art and applied it all again album by album. most of it you can right click it and have iTunes grab it atomatocally for you though