Firmware 2.1+itunes 8+vista 64 bit

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X' started by demorte, Oct 20, 2008.

1. demorte

demorte New Member

i recently upgraded my computer to vista ultimate 64 bit. i download itunes 8 and plug in my ipod touch (1st gen, 32 gb). All is well, i sync it, and i install firmware 2.1. Now, when i plug it it, i tunes either freezes, or continues to work until i sync it, at which point it syncs 1 of my apps forever (ambience). I tried uninstalling ambience to see if it was the problem, but it still says it's syncing it even if it's not on my ipod. I'm thinking of restoring my ipod, but i had a few apps on it that i bought from the ipod, not itunes, and that i wasn't able to sync, so i'm afraid if i restore it i'll lose those apps.
    help please.
  2. Meikura

Meikura Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Don't worry, even if you bought it on your iPod then it's registered on your account and you can just download them. You won't have to pay again.

As to why it's crashing, I have no idea. Have you googled/checked Apple support?
  3. Jarlath

Jarlath Retired Moderator

Make sure you're using iTunes 8 64-bit; it should work better that way. Also, be sure to completely uninstall the older version of iTunes before you upgrade.