Firmware 2.0 slows down iPod?

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X' started by Fromezq, Jul 12, 2008.

1. Fromezq

Fromezq New Member

Just a question - has anyone else noticed a slowdown on their iPod after installing 2.0?

When I click on Settings, it takes about 3-5 seconds to bring it up. When I turn off the Touch by holding down the hold button, and then turn it back on, it also seems to take longer than it did to bring everything up.

This is with almost 6gb (out of 8) free.
  2. Teslanaut

Teslanaut Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Considering that there are more features and more content, I expect it to take longer to do certain things. Settings.app now incorporates the settings of, so far, AIM and NYTimes.
  3. tpkray

tpkray New Member

The iPod Touch and iPhone firmware 2.0 is a lot larger than the others, but I haven't seen any change in mine. My speed is about the same as a new iPod.
  4. Fromezq

Fromezq New Member

@ Teslanaut

Theoretically, possibly yes - but I'm asking if *you* experience the same i.e. it's not just *my* iPod's hardware that's malfunctioning.

Thanks tkpray
  5. Teslanaut

Teslanaut Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Well I haven't experienced any slowdowns. That being said, I was on the 2.0 Beta (5A345).

I've just installed 5A347 (Supposedly Official) and right now it's Syncing everything (Apps and Media)

As soon as it finishes, I'll give you a report. Though it'll take verryy long.
  6. Infernal

Infernal New Member

I only experienced in Tap Tap Revenge where it lags then it says I missed like a bazillion notes.

It's bs I can't play properly
  7. Fromezq

Fromezq New Member

Apps don't lag for me. E.g. if my hardware is faulty, I'd expect lag in SMB but it plays fine.
  8. Infernal

Infernal New Member

Oh well maybe I just need more practice :|

I can't wait til they get more songs, whats your highest on the easy song for TTR?
  9. mrkatou

mrkatou Banned

I find Maps, TTR, and Crash Nitro Kart slow down abit. But everything else turn out to be fine.