Firmware 2.0 iPod Touch

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by batman27, Mar 8, 2008.

1. batman27

batman27 Banned

I just watched the March 6th event on the apple website. Near the end steve jobs talks about the 2.0 firmware and says its free on the iphone but there will be a nominal charge on the ipod touch, WTF thats pretty stupid.

please post your comments and correct me if there isn't a charge for the ipod touch.
  2. Steaps

Steaps New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Yes there is a "nominal" charge for the iPod Touch. ALSO there are many threads about this. . .
  3. Parrappa

Parrappa New Member

It's been discussed already, and you've got no right to be angry. You don't have to purchase it if you don't want to, it won't be much so get over it.
  4. Bernstein229

Bernstein229 New Member

So basically, we have to pay, to pay even more?
  5. micaheljcaboose

micaheljcaboose Well-Known Member

Well, DUH. Apple want's us all to buy iPhones.
  6. rioting

rioting New Member

He's got all the right to be angry, and you have no right to tell him he has no right to be angry.

Please Register or Log in to view images

He's angry because we have to pay for something that others do not, that is understandable.

And yes, there will be nominal charge for us iPod touch people. I assume it'll be around $20 like last time. But I really wouldn't mind the charge, because Super Monke Ball is sweet.

7. a4pat

a4pat New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    f***'em, there should be a cracked update for us to download. No way I'm paying for a software update on a piece of hardware (this is not a PC). They will shoot themselves in the foot again if they charge for this update. I'll probably stay on v1.11 as everything works fine. If I ever NEED to upgrade in order to use SDK made software, I'll wait and pass my turn.

8. tag009

tag009 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Right, but once you pay for the update you have to pay for super monkey ball.

Us jailbreakers shouldn't need the app store, we could possibly get the update for free just like the 1.1.3 update.
    But unless someone finds a way to get the games from the app store and make them work with other iPods then we will just have to pay for the commercial apps.
    which is fine with me.
  9. injuringchimp

injuringchimp New Member

The problem with apple is that their way too greedy. I mean we need to pay a "nominal fee" to pay for more apps. Dosent Jobs have enough money already? I mean if you take all the sales of the ipod touch january soft update they probably made over 50,000 dollars from legit apple customers. This is just like (4 xbox fans) halo 3. They make you pay 10 dollars for 3 maps. But the good thing about that is if you wait its free. So why is apple so greedy thats my question? plus you probably will not get the same apps from the apple app store because I think people would much rather stick to the jailbreak community instead of apple making money off of things they did not even work on.
  10. Parrappa

Parrappa New Member

Apple values their customers, even if it doesn't seem like it. Apple has a reason for everything they do and I'm sure there is one behind this one. They wouldn't just charge us touch users a fee for no reason except to piss us off. I said there is no reason to be angry, because it will get you nowhere. They won't remove the charge, so why are we all complaining?