Firmware 1.1.4 issue

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.4 Jailbreak' started by Theprof, Mar 5, 2008.

1. Theprof

Theprof New Member

Hello,

I got my self an iPod touch 8gb yesterday and the first thing I did was upgrade the firmware to 1.1.4 which I don't if I should of done that. I tried jailbreaking it a few times with Ziphone and no success I got the BSD root error that quite a few people get.

I also noticed that when I do a restore on the iTunes it restores the firmware to 1.1.4, I don't know if that's supposed to be like that or not.

My questions is do I have to downgrade to 1.1.3 or earlier version firmware and then do the jailbreak? if so could someone guide me in the correct directions? I tried doing a search but never really found much. I was hoping for some steps that I have to do for preparations of jailbreak.

btw I don't remember what firmware was on the iPod before I upgraded, It might of been 1.1.3 or earlier version.

Thanks.

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. hiflyer

hiflyer Guest

I have an 8 and 16gb ipod. Had no trouble at all with the 8gb on ziphone, but the 16gb always gives the BSD error. You may try this: Open Itunes, go to "preferences", "syncing" and delete any backup that is listed. Then put your ipod into DFU mode and restore to 1.1.4 and try it again using "jailbreak" ONLY. If you still have the BSD error, there is not much more I can suggest. Good Luck!
  3. makaveldon04i

makaveldon04i New Member

why dont you just use ipodtouchmaster's way ....
  4. Whouzt

Whouzt Guest

what way is ipodtouchmasters way

im in the same sistuation as this guy and im fairly noob

5. Whouzt

Whouzt Guest

which way is this?

im in the same situation as this guy and im noob, is there a link anyone can give to this jailbreak method
  6. Theprof

Theprof New Member

Thanks for the replies guys. I didn't know about the ipodtouchmaster's tutorial. I will give it a try when I get home tonight.
  7. Theprof

Theprof New Member

Thanks for the replies guys, I will check it.
  8. Rocky5

Rocky5 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    i have a ipod touch 8gb and i cant jailbreak mine using ziphone v2.5c it just sits at the spamming at or something like that i can however jailbreak it with ziphone v1.0 and it works fine.
  9. robcoffee

robcoffee New Member

I have an ipod touch 8gb and I can't jailbreak mine using Ziphone 1.0, it locked my ipod at the apple logo. I had to put it in DFU mode then use Ziphone 2.5c to put it back in normal mode, then I used Ziphone 2.5c to jailbreak it by just clicking Jailbreak (and I made sure Itunes was running and the ipod connected before I clicked it). I have used Ziphone twice on 1.1.4 and each time took a minute.
  10. Theprof

Theprof New Member

I ended up getting it to work using the Ipodtouchmaster video tutorial.

Thanks again.