Firmware 1.1.3 problem, should I start from scratch?

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by vonlogan1, Mar 11, 2008.

1. vonlogan1

vonlogan1 New Member

Ok, just got my ipod touch yesterday. It was already at 1.1.4, I found how to bring it back to 1.1.1, then jailbreak, then 1.1.2, then jailbreak it to 1.1.4. I'm a noob and a half so I felt I was well on my way to getting my ipodtouch full of apps and customized........yeah, no dice.

So one thing I noticed was that after jailbreaking it into 1.1.4, was that I had installed open ssh, but I had no icon. So I can't connect via Cuteftp.

Moving on, I download the Customize app, and then Summerboard. Then all their patches. Including the one that tricks the ipod into thinking its actually 1.1.3 so Customise can work.
    The problem occurs whenI can't get anything I download for summerboard to work. I try the fixes and what not. I read in a post to uninstall it and try the Squid program. But after uninstalling Summerboard and its fixes, most downloads on installer fail.

My question, do I need to start from scratch and go back to firmware 1.1.1, or can I salvage my jailbreak at 1.1.4 without the use of SSH?

Also can I have a 1.1.2 jailbreak that have the 1.1.4 apps?

Is that an over all an easier system to customize? Meaning 1.1.2 and its apps?

Thanks for the help!