Firmware 1.1.2

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by brianwong, Nov 15, 2007.

1. brianwong

brianwong New Member

I am on firmware 1.1.1. I have jailbroken and have iPhone apps. Everything is running smoothly except some of my video podcasts are not synching. i.e. they are on iTunes but does not appear on my ipod touch no matter what settings I try. Anyway, that's a small matter.

So now, I get a message saying firmware 1.1.2 is available. Is it ok to update the firmware? Will I have to jailbreak again after updating the firmware? Or should I just ignore the update?
  2. papermathers

papermathers New Member

1. Try manually dragging the videos to your iPod in the iTunes source list.
    If they do not sync at all,it may be a problem with the encoding of the files.
    Make sure they are encoded into a format your iPod will recognize.

2. Be careful when asking a question that has been asked and answered multiple times or you may get your head chewed off.

If you upgrade to the new firmware, you will lose your jailbroken stuff, but as I understand it (from searching the forums) you will retain the songs and video files you already had on your iPod.

Good luck,

PM
  3. cameleon1267

cameleon1267 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    before to update to 1.1.2 you should install oktoprep using the installer. I am not sure on this point but just to be sure you can change the location of your applications and create a simlink so they will not be erased during the update (there is also a tutorial about this). After this you can update to 1.1.2 and run the new jailbreak program (search the forum).

after 1.1.2 jailbreak you can reinstall new iphone app using the http://repo.us.to repository and then you should have all your previous settings back like before.
  4. brianwong

brianwong New Member

Thanks for the info. I only realized the question has been asked after posting. I am in the midst of installing the update now. fingers crossed!
  5. brianwong

brianwong New Member

Ok, I just updated my firmware and followed the steps and it all worked out well.

I could not run the 1.1.2 jailbreak by double clicking "osx" but I double clicked jailbreak.jar file and it worked exactly as described.

I installed all the apps one by one and all settings and files were restored. Even my todo's and notes were all fine.

Thanks to all contributors on this forum. you rock!