firefox would be cool right go to firefox.com

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by latinlegacy, Dec 12, 2007.

1. latinlegacy

latinlegacy New Member

and send them a email to make a app for the iphone and ipod
  2. sudhir2007

sudhir2007 New Member

lol Safari owns.
  3. WillKill07

WillKill07 New Member

Right now it is still illegal to have 3rd party applications on iPhone and iPod touch, so currently that is out of the question. And to the Mac fanboy who sees no alternative, that is just your opinion. Others (including me) enjoy firefox much more than other browsers (IE, Safari). Besides, Firefox might even find a way to install plugins like java and flash
  4. sk8killer

sk8killer New Member

umm i think you should check your sources.....3rd party apps arent illegal...apple just duznt support them and it will void your warranty
  5. karman

karman New Member

Flash as a closed source can't be ported by firefox. Safari and firefox shares the same flash library.

I don't think macromedia will port flash to iPhone/iPod Touch unless apple asks them for.
  6. spoonforknife

spoonforknife Retired Moderator

what can not be good about safari? I'm using firefox now in school, and it has "BUFFER OVERRUN DETECTED!!" every 15 seconds. With Safari on the macs in the library, that NEVER happens.
  7. Dbajj

Dbajj New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Must be an issue with your schools computers then, I am using Firefox right now and honestly prefer it over Safari, mostly because of the best banner/pop up blocker I have ever seen and the ability to install add ons and all that.

For the iPhone I don't think it would happen unless Mozilla for some reason gets an urge to join the Jail breaking community and release a Firefox port. Most likely we would have to wait until Apple feels like requesting it which I doubt they would.
  8. drewer

drewer New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    3rd party apps are technically illegal, even tho u own ur touch and the software to it, u dont own rights to the software, so u can use it but ur not supose to modify it
  9. MasterHak

MasterHak New Member

I will write them a letter who knows they might agree
  10. DerekVOF

DerekVOF Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Well, I use Firefox on all my desktops, but the fact is Mozilla would have to invest considerable resources to port a DECENT version of Firefox to the iPhone/iPod Touch. I mean they could take their source, recompile for the iPod Touch, and run with it, but it'd be garbage unless they spent the time required to make it actually usable. I mean do you want 1/4 of your screen taken up my menus and a button bar? What about add-ons? Themes? How about all that fun memory bloat from RAM it doesn't free? And no way Firefox is going to "find a way" to make plugins work - Apple, Sun & Adobe really need to work to port Java and Flash. There's no way around it unless you want some half-baked versions like Gnash...