Firefox/ google toolbar pop-up

Discussion in 'Site feedback, suggestions, and discussions' started by inatightspot, Dec 20, 2007.

1. inatightspot

inatightspot New Member

this is too much.
    don't tell me to turn on pop-up blocker, either. Other sites can make a living without this bullsh*t. Jesus
  2. Blake

Blake Super Moderator Emeritus

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    Calm down,
    Though I dont exactly understand your complaint.
  3. spoonforknife

spoonforknife Retired Moderator

We've had complaints about popups on this website. I don't get any, but maybe it's because my Safari for Windows has some fancy built-in popup blocker.
  4. bgizzle

bgizzle Administrator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 6
    First of all, there are not, there never have been, and there never will be any popups or popunders on this site. What you are referring to is the Firefox upgrade notification, which shows up for only IE users.

This has already been addressed in this thread. Below is the relevant portion:

In case you didn't read the text at the bottom of the notification that you saw (unlikely since you probably wouldn't have posted this thread otherwise), it takes a few seconds to disable the Firefox reminder.
    Go to the Options page, scroll to the bottom, and set "Firefox upgrade notification" to "Disabled"

That being said, I am not going to be supporting any rendering issues or quirks that show up in IE but not in Firefox, Opera, or Safari.
  5. Collateral

Collateral Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Quoted for truth