Fire Fox app

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by fred2028, Jan 31, 2008.

1. fred2028

fred2028 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Also, adding to the list of suggested apps, can we have a ported version of Fire Fox with working extensions?
  2. steeped

steeped New Member

Whats wrong with Safari?
  3. fred2028

fred2028 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Lack of Java/Flash/Shockwave support, lack of support for FF add-ons such as AdBlock Plus. Also, most of the pages I go to are more compatible with FF than Safari.
  4. steeped

steeped New Member

Getting Firefox has nothing to do with getting flash... two different things. If you get Firefox, you will have the same flash/Java problems. Websites work fine on Safari, and if Firefox comes on the iPod, the addons will have to be specially made also for the iPod.

All in all, Safari is good, and a replacement is not needed.
  5. lvlln

lvlln New Member

Safari has one major problem that either needs a fix or an outright replacement. Which is that it forgets all history data for a tab if it loses the cache for the page in the tab. That's simply unacceptable, and I can't believe this huge, almost application-breaking problem got all the way through Apple's QC and to the final product.
  6. denoipod

denoipod New Member

Yeah I made a few suggestions like this on another thread and got shot at too!. No one has a sence of humor anymore. I'd have to agree though Safari does a pretty good job. Sadly though, If you really want to surf the internet I'd suggest you use your computer, or go blind squinting at the 3 inche screen.
  7. peter0328

peter0328 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Yeah, I hate that so much! I want stupid Flash support already! I can't even go to Ruehl.com and buy my clothes on my iPod. Something is seriously wrong with that! Apple needs to fix it ASAP!
  8. KoopaKidd

KoopaKidd Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
  9. lvlln

lvlln New Member

Awesome, that's good news. And knowing how Opera operates, unless Apple pressures them, it'll likely be completely free.
  10. KoopaKidd

KoopaKidd Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    Yeah, hopefully.
    But seeing them price the iPhone apps, they will most likely charge the browser as well

Please Register or Log in to view images