finished but resyncing ipod

Discussion in 'iPod touch 2G Jailbreak: redsn0w, 24kpwn, etc.' started by Sway410, Feb 1, 2009.

1. Sway410

Sway410 New Member

i finally jailbroke my ipod but all my music and apps are gone. on itunes it says retore from last back or set up new ipod what one should i click to get my music back but keep the jailbreak?
  2. DarkWish

DarkWish New Member

I had that exact question a few hours ago but nobody really know. I ended up choosing to restore from last backup, but it was taking forever so I went to bed. I got up now to check on my iPod and apparently the restore didn't work. I had to re-jailbreak my iPod (not completely, but only the things you would do if you turned off your iPod) and then when I tried, it showed up in iTunes. It was exactly how my iPod was before the jailbreak in iTunes except it called my iPod "untitled playlist" so I just re-named it. I'm syncing it all back right now and it should work.

So basically, I'm not sure what to do. You could try to do what I did which is select restore from last backup, but then re-jailbreak and connect to iTunes again. It worked for me.
  3. Sway410

Sway410 New Member

ok thanks its restoring now

Please Register or Log in to view images

4. DarkWish

DarkWish New Member

No problem. This is my first time jailbreaking and I discovered that if it didn't work, just try it again. I tended to get different results each time I did something.
  5. pauluspink

pauluspink New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    This happened to me also.

After completing the tutorial, my iPod would not boot but did display the USB & iTunes icon. Once I opened iTunes up it says something like restore from last back or set up a new ipod.
    So I had to choose to restore and update the firmware (there was no other option), so now I was forced to move from FW2.2 to FW2.2.1 and had to wait 1hr to restore all my music/video/apps etc.

Once all of that was done I saw no change, and no Jailbreak.

Do I have to do the whole process again?
  6. xTommyx

xTommyx New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    You should have said setup as new and then synced because if you restore from a backup, it reloads without cydia, because you didn't have cydia in the past on that backup.
  7. Salamantis

Salamantis New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Always set up as new after a jailbreak. Restoring from backup restores some modified plist files on the iPod which screws up the jailbreak.
  8. pauluspink

pauluspink New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Ok thanks guys,

Will do it all again, entering those commands twice is a bit frustrating to say the least