Fingerprints All Over the iPod Touch Screen

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Rux, Oct 23, 2007.

1. Rux

Rux New Member

Hey everyone,

Does anyone else have noticable smudges and fingerprints on the screen and back of their iPod Touch? I considered getting one of the thin screen covers that you would find with most products, but I looked into it and decided to use the screen the intended way. Unfortunately, there are a lot of noticable smudges on my screen, and I wash my hands before even touching my new iPod.

Do you think iKlear would work on my iPod Touch? I'm a bit hesitant because the last time I used iKlear it left horrible streaks all over the screen of my Macbook.

Thanks
  2. linds

linds New Member

try using the cleaning cloth that's provided with the touch

personally i still have the plastic on mine lol
  3. MegaMan

MegaMan New Member

don't use that sh*tty provided cloth
    use a cleaning kit made for lcd screens
    works awesome on mine

Please Register or Log in to view images

4. Rallos

Rallos New Member

I have also decided that I don't need a screen protector seeing as the screen is so difficult to scratch and a protector still wouldn't protect against the most damaging thing, impact damage (droping it... etc.) I have noticed that my iPod touch gets a lot of fingerprints and stuff on the screen after prolonged use but I use my sunglasses bag to clean it and it works great. (Oakley bag that came with the glasses, microfiber washable thing, it's great.) But if you don't have one of those pretty much any decent microfiber cleaning cloth (one designed for eyeglasses is best since the iPod Touch screen and glasses lenses are made from very similar glass).
  5. Rux

Rux New Member

Thanks for the help, but do microfiber cloths really remove smudges and fingerprints? I use a microfiber cloth on my PSP quite frequently, and it doesn't really wipe all of the prints away
  6. Slacker

Slacker New Member

Yeah, the screen does get quite a lot of fingerprints and smudges on it, but what can you expect from a touchscreen? They're easy to get off though, just use the provided cloth or any tissue/cloth.

Nice avatar by the way

Please Register or Log in to view images

7. Rallos

Rallos New Member

What I do with mine is I breathe on it (the cloth) gently (enough to fog a pair of glasses) and then clean it with a little force. You don't have to be super gentle with your iPod Touch's screen like you do with an LCD (obviously don't go crazy but you can be firm without worrying about damaging the screen). I have yet to encounter a smudge/print that I can't get out with a little work.
  8. lxplicit

lxplicit New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    I use windex
  9. MegaMan

MegaMan New Member

not a good idea
  10. Rux

Rux New Member

lol, thanks

So basically all it takes is a bit of elbow grease with the microfiber cloth? Just rub the smudges away?