Fine Jailbroken iPod One Second, Completely Messed Up the Next

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by newbatthis, Dec 13, 2009.

1. newbatthis

newbatthis New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I've had my iPod Touch 2G jailbroken on 3.1.2 for quite some time now. Everything was fine: no lag, no sudden freezes, nothing. The first thing I noticed was WinSCP. In the past, moving through the folders on my iPod was really fast. Now every time I move to a new folder, there would be this 10 sec lag, sometimes it would give me messages saying the connection was lost and I'd have to wait forever for it to reconnect. The situation got so unbearable I did a full restore. I rejailbroke my iPod using blackra1n, and when I entered Cydia, I get messages saying failed to fetch from sources modmyi, bigboss, etc. If somehow I don't get bombarded with that, I can't download anything at all. I keep on getting POSIX Error: Operation Timed Out. I know its not my internet connection: my sister' iPod works fine on Cydia and same thing goes on WinSCP.

Someone plz help, I've already did full system restore several times and nothing is working/
  2. ChrisL

ChrisL Well-Known Member

Maybe it's your wifi card. Did you drop your iPod or anything?
  3. newbatthis

newbatthis New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    No, I haven't done anything out of the ordinary that I know of. And this started happening less then a week ago.
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    Okay, things are becoming even worse. I tried rejailbreaking again, and now I can't install cydia from blackra1n. I keep getting:

Error Downloading Cydia
    Could not download. Error: Error Domain=NSURLErrorDomain Code=-1001 UserInfo=0x1811e0 "Timed out"
  4. newbatthis

newbatthis New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    So after numerous attempts at installing Cydia, it worked. Next, when I upgraded the Cydia Installer, the same thing happened: it took me several attempts before it finally installed. But after that, I'm stuck nothing is installing from Cydia. I keep on getting errors like: Host Unreachable, failed to fetch, POSIX error, etc.
  5. iTam

iTam Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (White)
    looks like you gotta get a new ipod
  6. newbatthis

newbatthis New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Hmm, weirdest thing. Yesterday, I just kept on trying to install stuff from Cydia like Appbackup and SBsettings. After numerous failed attempts, they somehow installed!
    And today, my iPod is miraculously fixed! No more Cydia issues or WinSCP issues at all! Is so happy. =)
  7. Master224

Master224 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Well thats good to hear.
  8. Supertouch

Supertouch Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    DFU and set it up as a new iPod. I had the same problem. Also, renewing the lease on your wifi through settings can help. you could use another network?