Finding a way to fix Tap Maker (Windows Users)

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by linkhero, Jan 4, 2009.

1. linkhero

linkhero New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Windows Users Only

Who else wants to fix Tap Maker? Well this is for all the people in this situation: You can get it running, then finish/create the m4a and taps BUT when you start it on your iPod and they're completely out of sync and you're stumped on exactly what the hell went wrong there.

UPDATED

This is the reason why and I've tested with the Tap Maker file aswell

Please Register or Log in to view images

Tap Tap Revenge File (image above)
    This is how a tap file looks, the reason why the text is like this is because I'm editing it from SSH > My Ipod Touch, and the arrangement is supposed to be vertical after all, and then I opened the Tap Maker file

Tap Maker file (image above)
    You see the difference? its in the 3rd line of numbers before the 4th line (the 0) its WAY shorter than the Tap Tap Revenge file, and THAT is why the taps coming so damn fast, Tap Maker didn't input those other digits in there causing it to be WAY shorter than it has to be so an army of Taps come at you when you play Tap Tap Revenge and that is why its out of sync.

hope this helps somehow

-Linkhero
  2. jchaike

jchaike Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    its the same thing:
    only mine are organized...if you guys want i can make them have no enters between them?
  3. linkhero

linkhero New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    mine are still coming out of sync and thats the only thing I recognize that could be the problem, I'll have to mess with it some more and see how it turns out
  4. jchaike

jchaike Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    they are all out of sync, even mine. it had become to the point where sync was so bad, i decided to scrap that project, and revert to an older version with perfect sync, but almost no features. i am currently beta testing a version with that "engine" if you will...and it now has almost all of the features found in the current RC.

The new version is having some trouble actually getting started on peoples computers, which tells me its a dependency issure, not a problem with Tap Maker itself. It is most likely a DLL or OCA file that I just havent included. As soon as I find out the problem, the beta testers can actually test my application, and get a new version out as soon as possible.

I have a blog you can check, instead of posting on ipod touch fans (because I barely post anymore)
    http://ttm.net76.net
    and a new domain that you can check for when the official download is out
    www.tapmaker.co.uk

thanks for the support =D
  5. linkhero

linkhero New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Could a I beta test this version aswell? I don't mind how any of the interface looks, in the end it all comes down to how something functions
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    Holy crap, breakthrough, well a really stupid breakthrough which I can't believe I didn't notice earlier, but I'm scraping the idea that the horizontal versus vertical arrangement is screwing up the tap files.

This is the reason why and I've tested with the Tap Maker file aswell

Tap Tap Revenge File (image above)
    This is how a tap file looks, the reason why the text is like this is because I'm editing it from SSH > My Ipod Touch, and the arrangement is supposed to be vertical after all, and then I opened the Tap Maker file

Tap Maker file (image above)
    You see the difference? its in the 3rd line of numbers before the 4th line (the 0) its WAY shorter than the Tap Tap Revenge file, and THAT is why the taps coming so damn fast, Tap Maker didn't input those other digits in there causing it to be WAY shorter than it has to be so an army of Taps come at you when you play Tap Tap Revenge and that is why its out of sync.

hope this helps somehow