Finding a lost iPod touch with wifi

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by blackie333, Feb 16, 2009.

1. blackie333

blackie333 New Member

Hey all. I've recently lost a new iPod touch 2nd gen and am trying desperately to find it. I was wondering if there is a way to get my wifi adapter on my laptop to recognize if the ipod is nearby. Any helpful suggestions would be appreciated asap before the battery runs out.
    thanks in advance
  2. Callapidae

Callapidae New Member

I guess if its still connected to your router via wifi, you should be able to view if it is connected to your network. If it is then you know that its within a 100-200 or more m radius of your router.
  3. dudiadudia1

dudiadudia1 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    but if the ipod is in sleep mode it wont connect by it self to wifi unless u slide it to unlock..only then it reconnects...

try calling it

Please Register or Log in to view images

lol

sorry man
  4. firefoxuser

firefoxuser New Member

he cant call it , its an ipod touch not an iphone
  5. pegaxs

pegaxs Banned

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    I think that was the humour part that went right over your head

As for your sig. using command line does not make you l33t. I just means you can follow instructions to the letter.

I was using computers before Windows(tm) was invented and all there was was command line. Dont worry, that was probably before you were born.

Missing the humour in the last post though, that makes you a n00b

6. Rosy

Rosy New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    My daughter's iTouch had been lost for about a week. She was convinced it was in the house. I looked at the log on our wireless router to see when she had last used it and found that the device seemed to be popping onto our LAN approximately every 25-30 minuts for about 1 minute - - then gone. To be sure it was for real, I was able to ping the device, though only during that brief window when it appeared. We unplugged the router and watched the signal strength as we moved it to different places in the house and waited for the iTouch to wake-up. After about 5 tries we found the device. After a week of being lost, there was still about 30% battery life. Not sure why it does this. If they all do or if one of the apps (Facebook?) is running in the bg and causes it to do this.
  7. xitz your fearx

xitz your fearx Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    WiFi turns off when its in sleep mode (unless you have Insomnia installed.) There is no way to accurately find it with your WiFi anyway without software installed. I used to have a WiFi scanner on my laptop that showed where routers were (direction and distance.) I don't think it works for devices though.

Your best bet it to do a complete search, couch cushions, hampers, ect. Good luck.