Finder fail

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by irakk, Dec 3, 2008.

1. irakk

irakk New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Well I was using finder, and like a dumbass, tried to change the folder name of the Applications folder, and now it's no longer a folder. Since it is no longer a folder, I can no longer run any of my apps (jailbroken or standard). I can't even open finder anymore lol. Any way through ssh to make this a folder again? I just upgraded to 2.2 last night and redid everything. I'm on a different computer today, so hopefully I won't have to restore.

Any help is appreciated.

kthx

Edit: Well I restarted my iPod and the only two applications there are remote and BeeJive IM. :S
  2. DemonSynth

DemonSynth Banned

simply use SSH to change the directory name of the thing you edited back to the default

this happened to me back in my 1.1.4 days when I (like an idiot) attempted to change "mobilesafari.app" to "firefox.app"

didn't work so well

Please Register or Log in to view images

, but SSH'ing the original name helped
  3. irakk

irakk New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Yeah... the only problem with that is that it had some (I think) randomly generated letters and maybe numbers after it. For example, I think it was something like Applications.bzmp or something like this. The other folders in this section have the same things, themes is var/stash/themes.ptwMsW. If all of these were the same on every iPod, that would be helpful, but for now, I don't remember the name.

Epic fail

Please Register or Log in to view images