Finally got that MacBook!

Discussion in 'General Apple Chat' started by owner, Aug 12, 2008.

1. owner

owner Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (White)
    My MacBook arrived in the mail today and I can't stay off it. Leopard is definatly the best operating system I have ever used. Now I made a thread earlier but no one replied so please follow up on this issue. It is a black MacBook and I heard of the matte finish peeling off. Is this something I should worry about? Thanks in advance. Great to be part of the Mac world!

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. Steaps

Steaps New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Lucky. Also you should have waited for the updates next month...LOL
  3. owner

owner Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (White)
    I didn't even have the money to get a new one dude. I went refurbished. This one will do just fine for me, I know people who still have the G4 book and still have no intention of updating.
  4. Steaps

Steaps New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Yeah i wouldn't mind having one of the current ones either. Heck i was going to buy one two months ago.
  5. Axis

Axis Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    I nearly gave in to buying one also. I'm holding my ground with a Dell until the updates.
  6. kmx411

kmx411 New Member

ahhhh your so lucky, im trying to hold off untill the new ones come out

but its so hard. The laptop is just sitting there for me to get, but no I have to wait

Please Register or Log in to view images

7. james_park617890

james_park617890 New Member

some things you should be aware about using a macbook. It is a great computer and even better OS.

Regarding black and the peeling off part, yes it is true. From what I hear, people get their black matte finish deteriorating or peeling off just couple months of use. This is bound to happen to black macbooks. Luckily, in many cases, it's so slight that it's hard to notice unless you are looking really close at it.

Another thing is that the palmrest and the thin piece of plastic on it might begin to crack after few months. Just remember it to close it soflty and not to bang it close as that will definately make the cracking process go faster. I've had my white macbook since january 08 and have no cracking palmrest. (If you bought the extended warrenty, it is covered)

Other than that, enjoy your macbook!!!
  8. Ipodtouch97

Ipodtouch97 Banned

i got one too!!
    yay!!
  9. Steaps

Steaps New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Oh, and you payed an extra $100 for a black one...
    If you select the $1,349 white one (CDN Dollars, $1,299 USD), and get the hard drive upgrade you get the exact same specs as the black one, but $100 cheaper...
  10. Renegade

Renegade Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)

I would have still picked the black one if I were him... In My Opinion White things look dirtier and trashier than black over time. If I ever get a mac I'm gonna choose the black one no doubt.

By the way congrat's.