Finally got that macbook

Discussion in 'Mac & OS X' started by snpri3, Jul 28, 2008.

1. snpri3

snpri3 New Member

After allot of savings i finally got my macbook, my old PC died so i couldn't really be active on here what so ever.

I got the macbook with 2gb ram, 160gb HD, 13'' screen. With that i got my self the Airport express router, a new printer, and iWork.

I couldn't be happier with my purchase but just like every new Mac user im not all there when it comes to operating this machine. Like msn messenger i can only mount it? and not install it? its really weird after every restart i gotta load up msn to use it.

So what can i do with this machine, i wanna do professional photo editing, Audio Editing and maybe some games here or there. I checked out that page that Teslanaut setup but it doesn't really help much.

Another question when i download *******s do i have to specifically look for Mac supporting files, lets say i want Photoshop, would i download just the photoshop like for windows or is there a mac specific ******* i need. Thanx guys

Please Register or Log in to view images

oh and can i enhance the Colors on my screen?
  2. SUPERBXD

SUPERBXD Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    as for *******s , download transmission and find *******s.

Programs i recomend
    Skitch - Simple Screen Capture
    CollyQ - IRC
    Firefox - YOU KNOW WHAT THIS IS
    Crossover - Run window apps in OSX
    Adium - ALL IN ONE INSTANT messenger client , Open Source -
  3. snpri3

snpri3 New Member

oh nice, so this crossover client allows me to run any windows app? like i can install limewire and download songs? oh and another question the video card that my labtop comes with it, will it allot me to run my screen on a 32'' LCD i have?
  4. Hiratai

Hiratai Banned

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Limewire has an OSX client and if you run Limewire on OSX you aren't cool. It shoudl be written somewhere.

Also, Crossover is nice if you have small things to run and feel like waiting 15 minutes to get them to boot up.
  5. malibusurfer93

malibusurfer93 Banned

crossover isnt that effective. and mac uses different file types than windows. so before you download something i would recommend checking its for mac. i would recommend aperture for professional photo editing and logic pro 8 for recording and audio editing
  6. snpri3

snpri3 New Member

i see so what would be cool for my OSX
  7. miketastic

miketastic New Member

Drag the messenger icon into your applications folder.
    Anyway, aMSN > Microsoft messenger

If you hold tight, I can put a vid up on youtube explaining about the best apps and how to install them and stuff.
  8. Hiratai

Hiratai Banned

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Anything that isn't Limewire or Azereus.
  9. miketastic

miketastic New Member

10. snpri3

snpri3 New Member

thank you guys for all the tips helped out a bit. Also another question, i can't seem to maximize my browser window if the dock is up, like it stops maxamizing right up to the dock. how do i get around this