Finally got software part of ipod working, now hardware problems...

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by DeltaBurnt, Jul 28, 2009.

1. DeltaBurnt

DeltaBurnt New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Ok so after restoring and jailbreaking multiple times with many different things everything works. Cydia, apps, everything. Now the problem is that I have some weird battery problems. Like I'll be in the car it'll be 50% I turn my ipod off (completely) and then come back 2 hours later and it's like 35%. Also I'll turn my ipod on and it'll be below 20% and it'll tell me then it'll slowly go up about 10% and it'll do this even if I'm in the middle of doing something. Like I've had it on for an hour and it will go up a little bit.

It also seems like it doesn't last as long as it should (I have SSH turned off, 1 min auto-lock, lowest brightness, my location turned off, and sometimes wifi is on) and my ipod will last 3-4 hours if I'm lucky. Also I'll go ahead and mention this: it's a refurb so it might be that apple forget to replace the battery in the one I got.

One last thing is that I sorta have some "ooze" coming out of the upper and bottom left corner of my ipod. It's sorta rubber. I'll try and upload a picture soon.
  2. KerrWasHere

KerrWasHere Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Yeah i've never heard that before what did you do
  3. iTouchGuru

iTouchGuru New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    3-4 hours is normal.. the ipod touch isnt really meant for this..

im lucky if i can get 2 hrs.

download myBattery from the app store and it will tell how exactly how much time is left for wi-fi, gaming, and everything.. its pretty cool.
  4. DeltaBurnt

DeltaBurnt New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I didn't do anything...I haven't even SSHed into my ipod before (I will soone though).

Ok, I thought it got like 6-10 hours of life time, thankyou. The percentage thing is weird though, it might be an sbsettings problem.

Anyone know whats with the "ooze"? Should I call apple about it?
  5. Quadrant

Quadrant New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    The "ooze" sounds like a serious problem. Are you sure it's coming from your iPod and not from a rubber case or something? You should probably contactl Apple and get your iPod fixed if it's still under warranty.
  6. Hellishness

Hellishness Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    restore and take it to apple. stuff oozing from your ipod is typically bad...
  7. Vesper

Vesper Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    the only "liquid" in your iPod is acid from the battery. restore it and take it in ASAP. You don't want that thing exploding in your pocket.
  8. DeltaBurnt

DeltaBurnt New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Well it's not actually ooze it has the form of ooze but it's solid and feels rubbery. It's almost like it was once liquid but now it solid. Also it's not an excesive ammount. Could it be that it's actually like some sort of rubber lining that might be between the front of the iPod and the silver part to keep rubber out?
  9. jinx©

jinx© New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    There's a rubber gasket behind the touchscreen, so that's possible.

The battery percentage indicator on the Touch hasn't had the best track record when it comes to accuracy. Your battery life doesn't seem too bad if you're tinkering with it a lot. It should last considerably longer if you're just playing music IME.
  10. Vesper

Vesper Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    it's possible but for it to turn to a liquid it would either need to get very hot or come in contact with a substance that changed it's molecular structure. Either way you should take it in. It still points to a faulty battery.