Finally got an iPod touch...

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by permutated, Dec 1, 2007.

1. permutated

permutated New Member

Got an iPod touch...having HUGE problems.

Hey guys,

My other 2 iPods (one 5th, one 2nd gen) were stolen, so I just bought a new iPod touch.

I would say 'woot!' really loud, but I've been having nothing but problems with this thing.

I'm using OSX, I tried to downgrade the firmware but it f***ed up the firmware in the ipod and nearly broke the damn thing, I spent over 5x on itunes trying to restore it with no luck, but once I restarted the entire computer and disconnected the ipod and then tried it luckily it worked.

Then I got my entire music library on there, but there are huge problems with the tagging that weren't on my other ipod(s) with the same files, as well as 'file switching' where it plays the middle of the wrong file but claims it's a certain file.

And now my itunes won't let me download new things from the store to the ipod.

WTF is going on, do I have a lemon?!?

Help.

_Nathan
  2. Vasily

Vasily Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Try restoring, it helps. If the problem presists, exchange it

Please Register or Log in to view images

3. permutated

permutated New Member

Tried that a few times, didn't work, restarted my computer once more then it worked (for some stupid reason).

Anyhow, I was up till 4am getting this thing to work. I have to say, if it wasn't for the SDK coming out I don't think I would recommend the iPod touch to anyone.

But the SDK will open up a world of new possibilities, and for that, it's worth the price of admission.

Now if I only had a good wifi connection at work...

Please Register or Log in to view images