Finally got a 16GB Ipod Touch as a gift from wifey but lots of problems (Outlook)

Discussion in 'Introduce yourself' started by crownroyal, Feb 18, 2008.

1. crownroyal

crownroyal New Member

First, I would like to say that this is a nifty product. She got me the A model without the new apps. I have Itunes 7.6 installed unfortunately and I finally got it to stop freezing on me by getting all the video files out of the library. I hooked up the Ipod touch and it asked me to upgrade to 1.13 so I did.

The problems I am having is with Outlook 2003. I want to synch up the contacts and calendars to Outlook. When I try this it tells "Either there is no no default email client or the current email client cannot fulfull the message request. Please run Microsoft Outlook and make it the default mail client." I use Mozilla Thunderbird so I close Thunderbird and open Outlook and make it my default mail client but I keep getting the same message.

Is this a Itunes 7.6 problem or a 1.1.3 firmware problem?

I searched and couldn't find anything on this forum about this.

Thanks

Note: It just started working all of a sudden. I am thinking there is a conflict with Thunderbird somewhere.
  2. heyitsnatedawg

heyitsnatedawg New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Alot of people just kept it at 7.5. Everything seems to flow there. Probably just me thought

Please Register or Log in to view images

3. Evalocity7

Evalocity7 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Hmm, so your saying iTunes 7.6 causes freezing? I was wondering what was causing that...I guess I should downgrade back down to 7.5 now...Anyone know what actually in 7.6 causes the freezing?

Oh, and welcome to the iPTF forums!

Please Register or Log in to view images

4. crownroyal

crownroyal New Member

yes 7.6 causes freezing. I fixed it by deleting all my videos. The support site says the cause could be due to large .mpg or .MPEG files
  5. tradermon

tradermon New Member

So were you finally able to synch with Outlook? This is a key issue for me before I buy a Touch. Thanks.
  6. crownroyal

crownroyal New Member

Yes I got it working. I was having a hard time making Outlook my default email client but all of a sudden it started working. My wife and I love both of our Ipod touchs and have no problems synching with outlook.