Finally decided to upgrade to 2.0

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X' started by dieselboy27, Jul 31, 2008.

1. dieselboy27

dieselboy27 New Member

I'm going to finally take the plunge and go through the hassle of updating to 2.0. I have seen some great apps, and figure now is a good time to finally update. Mxtube is out which is great and hopefully customize will be available with everything working. I am not looking forward to having to input all the info for my mail, passwords and everything else however. It seems like such a daunting task. However I know that it has to be done sometime. I hope that in the future there will be a way to make this far less painless.

Is anyone else out there still on 1.1.4 or under??? Or am I the last one

Please Register or Log in to view images

? I hope everything goes smoothly and that the trouble is worth it.

I'll be JB right after the update.
  2. interestingkid

interestingkid Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    good luck lol
    i actually really like 2.0 (a bit buggy and slow but still)
  3. dieselboy27

dieselboy27 New Member

Well I'm currently in the final step of the jailbreak, and it said it would take between 10 and 20 minutes. I heard about the backup problem, and will probably disable that feature, I can't stand waiting for things like that. I'm kind of interested to see the quality of the games and apps.
  4. AngelSynth

AngelSynth Banned

good luck resisting your violent urges to throw your iPod out of your apartment window every time it crashes doing the simplest process :L
  5. e.mann30

e.mann30 New Member

The Blue Pill or The Red Pill

Welcome to the real world. ipod 2.0 updated , upgraded , and pwned.

6. dieselboy27

dieselboy27 New Member

Ok, I'm already experiencing a problem. I have many apps downloaded in itunes and yet they have not transferred over to my touch. What the hell is going on?
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    Well I have a bunch of apps installed and everything is running for the most part. But I'm really regretting it. I've basically traded the useful applications for a bunch of crap

The VNC app crashes (Lite), can't find a good rss (free). It just seems to be a bunch of useless apps or worse apps but cost a ton of money. Ughhh, well I hope more jailbroken apps come out soon to fill the void.
  7. sebastian___

sebastian___ New Member

There's no reason to update if you have no use for it . I think the people are updating because they are crazy about numbers. and updating in general..

"Oh my GOD ! u are still on 1.4 ? That's so out of fashion. Look at me..at my shiny 2.0.."

Basically you have to weigh the importance of the apps in 1.4 and then those in 2.0 . And that should dictate your update. Logic no ? If that 2.0 has that killer App you absolutely need it - then you update. If 1.4 has the most cool Apps ever , then you stay with 1.4 even if Apple.inc release 4.0 and 9.9 and so on

(but that would be blasphemy for most people here)

8. exit1010

exit1010 Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    i am still on 1.1.4 i will only update when

installer is released. not the betas because installer repo will only work if ripdev approve them.
    all of lazrhog ports and games are on 2.0
    and (sadly) ZiPhone 2.0-2.0.1 is released... (i dont like the idea of make a custom firmware. sound very illegal to me...
  9. zephyrnok

zephyrnok Member

Lmao :X

Btw, why do we need ANOTHER of these threads? Okay people, we get it, you guys are going to update. Thanks for the info, but we don't really care, besides posting our "Advice"
  10. barters

barters New Member

Sorry guys, this might be a really basic question but I don't want to destroy my iPod!

If at the moment I am running something like the 1.1.3 and it's jailbroken is it safe to just pay for 2.0 off of iTunes and install that?

Thanks for your help, it's really appreciated.