Finally!!! A Video Recorder!!!!

Discussion in 'iTunes App Store Games & Apps' started by PetaB, Aug 8, 2008.

1. PetaB

PetaB New Member

NOT A JOKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I have contacted DreamCatcher, the creators of iPhone video recorder, one of the best iPhone apps on jailbroken 1.1.4, and learned a little bit of information.

Please Register or Log in to view images

There will FINALLY be a video recorder for the iPhone!!!! (If of course Apple doesn't decide to be A**HOLES and let the app into the App Store.)

It seems as if they no longer plan on releasing the iphone video recorder to the jailbreak community but instead into the app store. It is unknown what those who have previously purchased the app will have to do, but im guessing purchase it again. they told me that they have already submitted it into the app store for reviewing by apple.

If they do let the Video Recorder in then the chances of a built in camera on an iPod Touch just like on the iPhone seem better and closer! Hopefully Apple will allow this app into the App Store. I've been told by the developer that they will sell their app for $20. (Although this is not a "set in stone price")

2. GrooveMachine

GrooveMachine Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Sorry to burst your bubble, but saurik (the developer of Cydia) submitted a video recording app to the AppStore a while back, and it was rejected because that function is not allowed.
  3. AngelSynth

AngelSynth Banned

he's right^

I remember that...
  4. mikec1985

mikec1985 Active Member

Device:
    iPad
    Apple will never put a camera in an ipod

5. PetaB

PetaB New Member

Update: i have contacted DreamCatcher again concercing the price for those who have already purchased this app and his response was that if they are listed in the App Store they will release two 3G versions:
    -one is the App Store version in which the App Store requires purchase before download.
    -the other is a Jailbroken upgraded version which is free for the users who have previously purchased the program before it was released through App Store
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    NO THIS IS A DIFFERENT APP THAT DOES NOT HACK INTO THE IPHONE'S "NO DEVELOPER ZONE"

This Video recorder is DreamCatcher's iPhone Video Recorder.
    It has been submitted to Apple and it is being looked at as we speak.
  6. BadKarma

BadKarma Banned

Device:
    iPod touch
    Ooh...REJECTED.
  7. Shwayze

Shwayze New Member

I fail to understand how the iPhone having a video recorder has any effect on if the iPod Touch gets a Camera. Infact, it would probably lessen the chances. More features for the iphone, more of a reason to buy one.
  8. AngelSynth

AngelSynth Banned

try putting yourself in Apple's shoes for a minute

now think to yourself "how can I make the most money"

Apple wants you to buy an iPhone over an iPod touch because they make more money selling iphones then touches...

now then, if the ipod touch had a camera that would give consumers one more reason to NOT buy an iPhone...
  9. PetaB

PetaB New Member

That's not necessarily true.

"Apple" is a BIG STRICT company? YES
    "Apple" did not want people using 3rd party apps? YES

And look how that turned out. If enough people want something really bad then a big company like Apple can't do anything really but commit to it's costumers because if they don't then they will eventually fall out of favor with the community of current and future buyers. It's really much like the App Store coming to the iPhone and iPod Touch and the new Copy and Paste function in iPhone firmware 2.1 (which is still not certain).
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    good point but the majority of people FIRST buy iPod Touches. That's what I did and then I wanted to upgrade to an iPhone!
  10. cryptsucks

cryptsucks Banned

doesnt the 3g have video recording?
    i dont see why the wouldnt allow it for the 2g.
    anywho jailbreak ftw!