File transfer

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by MorsAit, May 31, 2009.

1. MorsAit

MorsAit New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Hi guys there are two things bugging me if you guys got the time for it

Firstly, I already searched around and found the DiskAid program which allows you to enter the iPod Touch without wi-fi connection. But when I put up a word(.doc) file on it, it doesn't tell where it's at. Also, any sort of file that I put on it, I can't view it on my iPod Touch, as in it doesn't show on the screen. Does anyone know how to put .doc files on the iPod Touch and being able to read it on the iPod Touch?

Secondly, I have these books of Twilight on my iPod Touch and I'm looking for a way to copy them from my iPod Touch to my PC so I can read them on my PC as well. Again I use DiskAid with the 'Copy to PC' thing, but I can't locate the books on my iPod Touch when I enter it with DiskAid. So my question is does anyone know a program or how to take such files and put them on the computer?

It'd really appreciate some help and I thank you all in advance(even if it's for just reading my problem).

But keep in mind I sadly enough don't have a wi-fi connection at home, so please hit me up with some solutions that don't require wi-fi.
    And if this is all too much for one post, Admins/Mods please let me know I'll split it up, it's just that I don't want to run about spamming this place with questions.

So either reply to this, pm me, doesn't matter, I appreciate both

Please Register or Log in to view images

Thanks in advance guys and sorry for the long post!
  2. jstod66

jstod66 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Hey MorsAit.
    This might be a stupid post but it could help.
    You mentioned diskaid. However, you didnt mention its counterpart for the ipod touch called 'FileAid.'
    FileAid is required to view files which have been put onto your ipod by DiskAid.
    It is downloadable from the iTunes store, but unfortunately it is a paid app (somewhere around $4).
    Please tell me if this helps.
  3. MorsAit

MorsAit New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Oh thanks alot! I didn't mention it because I never knew it existed

But I've been trying it out for the past couple of days and I've been wondering how this exactly works? Because I put a test file of 125kb in it and it worked, but other files (less kb) didn't ? It showed up as blak to me.
    Could any of you please help me out with this?
  4. jstod66

jstod66 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Hey, im glad file aid worked for you
    I believe that the app only supports a maximum of 20mb files, but I havent heard of a minimum size. What type of file did you use?
  5. MorsAit

MorsAit New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Using .doc files(ms:word) but I also tried a .txt file(notepad), couldn't view both

I'm still having troubles with it because I just can't seem to figure out what's exactly causing it not to appear:S