File Directory Changer

Discussion in 'Application Ideas' started by screwy, Dec 28, 2007.

1. screwy

screwy New Member

Hi there,

I've been checking bunch of forums and asking everywhere. Yet, I didn't find any solution to my problem.

As you might all aware that all application comes with their own directory path or save path. So, i'll explain what i'm thinking with examples thus hopefully it would be easier to explain and understand.

For example:
    Screenshot.app: alows you to save the files in 4 different directory, you choose whichever you like.
    Sendfile.app:looks under media/documents
    sendpics.app:looks under media/dcim/100apple [it should work like sendsongs.app but somehow it's NOT]
    sendsong.app: THIS IS THE ONLY ONE WORKS PERFECTLY, it checks the itunes library.

So, what i'm thinking, there is an application that would allow us to chage all these applications' directory to wherever we want or under common file.

Again for example, one file which is "Harddrive". the under harddrive one can have sub folders like "files", "screenshot pics"...

Harddrive
    /Files
    /Screenshot Pics
    *pictures will be under itunes library under pictures [this doesn't work]
    *songs will be under itunes library under songs [this works for now with the sendsongs.app]

For example, in my case, i would like to keep them in my webserver, thus when i turn on isplit.app [allows you to access your ipod touch webserver], then my ipod touch becomes or serves as webserver, right?, thus i would be able to download all the files from there

Please Register or Log in to view images

That's the whole plan.

So, anyone who can make this app or who can help me change the directories in someway, i would appreciate it.

Thanks in advance

Waiting for comments/responds/opinions/ideas

2. deathdr0ne

deathdr0ne New Member

you might be able to use mobilefinder and set preferences for file association but I don't think that will affect save operations.

On a slightly related side note the safari download plugin in conjunction with seeqpod (google it) is pretty damn cool. Only problem is that in order to play downloaded songs you need ericas utilities and to use the command line playaudio. Make sure to enclose track names in quotes I.e. playaudio "tool - lateralus.mp3"
  3. screwy

screwy New Member

nope nothing changes the save operation in finder unfortunately...

i didn't understand your second part. How would that help the save path?
  4. deathdr0ne

deathdr0ne New Member

LOL it wouldn't I was just letting you know that with that combo you can dl songs. I had just found out about it and I guess got a little too excited. Sorry.
  5. screwy

screwy New Member