File app that supports movies?

Discussion in 'iTunes App Store Games & Apps' started by OsideRida06, Oct 1, 2008.

1. OsideRida06

OsideRida06 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Hey guys. I have Air Share and it looks as if it really cannot do what I am looking for. Well it does a great job but I need more.

I need to find an application where I can transfer .avi's or other movie format formats to the ipod. I understand they are not a supported on the IPod for viewing. But are there any applications out there that will enable me to use it just as like a hard drive? For when I want to bring them to my friends house or something?

On Air Sharing they will try to transfer and it will show up on the IPod and show zero kb and then eventually give an error message every time. Then it will disappear.

So does any have any idea of an application that can do this? Or is it literally impossible so put them on the IPod at all, even just for storing it?
  2. RedrumsSam

RedrumsSam Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    If your ipod is jailbroken you can use total commander (google it) and i think you need the t-pot plug in, not sure, its been awhile. but anyways, it allows you to access the file system of the touch via firewire(usb). Then you could put the file on your ipod and install total commander on your friend's computer to access the file at their house.

Hope that helps.

EDIT:
    total commander : http://www.ghisler.com/download.htm
    t-pot: http://code.google.com/p/t-pot/
  3. OsideRida06

OsideRida06 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Is this the only option? I had my IPod jail broke before but I really do not want to do it with the new 2.*. I would much rather get something from the app store, if there is something there that will work. Does any one else know of any other ways?
  4. unknown v2

unknown v2 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Jailbreaking is the only way.
  5. Baker5

Baker5 Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (White)
    yeah i already looked for something like this
  6. OsideRida06

OsideRida06 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    That sucks. From what I have heard the jailbreaking for 2.* is not the safest right now. Is there a real safe way to get it done atm?
  7. Greatnesss

Greatnesss Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    MobileFinder in the App Store plays videos, but only the ones which are already supported in the iPod
  8. berky93

berky93 New Member

jailbreaking is NOt the only option! you can use mobilefinder, and I know theres one more that supports movies. the only problem is no matter what no app can play a movie that the ipod cant already support, because it cant possibly support its playback.
  9. OsideRida06

OsideRida06 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Yes I do understand that. I just want it to transport movies in and out of friends houses and stuff. That way I do not have to bring my external Hard Drive with me.

So mobilefinder will work for sure?
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    I just checked it out and went to there website. It does sound like a nice application. It does not however mention anything about supporting and being able to get .avi type formats on the ipod for storage only. Like I said I understand I will not be able to play them. I just want to store them for transfer. So can anyone confirm that mobile finder can do this before I buy it?
  10. berky93

berky93 New Member

im pretty sure anything can be stored, just not viewed.