Fieldrunners drops to 2.5 Stars from 5 Stars due to paid DLC

Discussion in 'iTunes App Store Games & Apps' started by XxTearGodxX, Dec 30, 2009.

1. XxTearGodxX

XxTearGodxX Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (White)
    I for one don't own this app, but have been looking into purchasing it and now that I read the many reviews of customers who have purchased it being locked out and unable to play unless they cough over more money for new maps I certainly won't be purchasing any apps from this company.
  2. The Baydestrian

The Baydestrian Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    I saw that. I lol'd
  3. SilentWalker

SilentWalker Retired Moderator

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I don't mean to sound harsh but the thing that people like you don't get it, that the game STILL has the 5 star content in it...and MORE!

People are just angry that they have to pay for additional content. But do they know that FieldRunners is one of the longest running apps on the AppStore (out just after the AppStore release)? And that the creators still need a way to get money from the app?

If Subatomic Studios were to give the maps for free, then that would mean that everyone who bought the FieldRunners (since the AppStore was released) would get it free and Subatomic Studios would get no profit. In fact, it would be a HUGE loss.

There are few who haven't tried FieldRunners, meaning that there isn't much of a market for the the product left. Almost everyone has it, or has tried it and stopped playing it. In order to keep these developers developing, they need money.

I know I explained my point terribly, but I hope you get what I'm trying to say.

FieldRunners is still worth the buy. And if you like tower-defense games, I highly recommend TriDefense over FieldRunners.
  4. matinsa2005

matinsa2005 Banned

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    clearly the best explanation!!
  5. voLcoM¯

voLcoM¯ New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    At OP: I lol'd. xD

Even if field runners had 1 stars, it would still have 5 star material no matter what. People are just annoyed when they figure out everything good sometimes has to be paid for

Please Register or Log in to view images

6. The Baydestrian

The Baydestrian Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    I bought this game when it was released. Cost me $4.99
    In about a year, they've only brought out two maps. To me, that isn't worth the price it was being sold for. Now, they bring out two more maps, charging $0.99 for each one which I think is unfair because the game has never been complete. Look at TowerMadness game. It has a free version which has everything the paid version has except the free one has Ads and the game has over 10 maps. The gameplay is great too and I recommend it over Fieldrunners. The Fieldrunners dev use to say all future content would be free but I guess he's not a man of his word. Also, if I were to purchase the maps, my whole purchase of the game would come out to about $7 for only what, 5 maps? A rip off in my opinion.
  7. SilentWalker

SilentWalker Retired Moderator

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Clearly you don't understand what I'm trying to say.

And clearly many people don't get that these developers don't HAVE to do anything! For god's sake, they didn't even have to release the maps, or the game for that matter!

If you don't like the game, don't buy it! But you don't need to make a useless thread telling us that you don't want to buy the game. If you prefer another game over FieldRunners, go get it...but there is no need to let the entire internet know!

I'm sorry for bashing you but I am tired of useless thread like this, that put-down developers just because they make you pay for content. It's their hard work that allows it to be accessible to you, so LIVE WITH IT!!!
  8. kentmaster

kentmaster New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    well at least make it so that both maps cost 1$ together. not ripping us off 2$