Few questions

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Mz8691, Jul 2, 2010.

1. Mz8691

Mz8691 Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Hey i just got a iphone 2g (1st gen) and i jailbroke it on 3.1.2 and unlocked it with bootneuter Bootloader 3.9. i put my tracfone sim in and it displays "No service" But when i go to contacts it displays the phone number on my sim card. Should i change the Iphones imei number? should i upgrade to 4.6 bootloader? i dont understand if its displaying my phone number.. its reading the sim.

This website shows how to changed imei
    http://www.iclarified.com/entry/index.php?enid=657

Thnaks.
  2. namtaffy

namtaffy New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    don't change the imei, that is illegal. Either the phone is stolen and barred or it's locked to AT&T, still, make sure you've unlocked it properly. If it's stolen & barred, then looking at your other thread, trade it back or hand it in to the police and have them recover your ipod touch
  3. Mz8691

Mz8691 Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Huh the iphone is not stolen, it was my friends brothers old iphone he upgraded to 3gs a while back, this is his old iphone. nothing about stolen.
  4. namtaffy

namtaffy New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    Frankly, all that matters is that if it is not locked then it is barred. For a phone to barred is must be reported lost or stolen to the network. If your friend reported it lost by mistake, then he can ask the network to lift the bar.

Maybe someone else here that is more familiar with the whole iphone at&t lock thing can explain how to check it is now unlocked as I am from the UK and our networks do things a little differently.