iOS 3.1 few questions!

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by rcorbin, Jan 4, 2010.

1. rcorbin

rcorbin Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    hey guys i have a few questions about blackra1n jailbreak:

1.I know its teatherd so when i shut it off will i have dto re-jailbreak on computer? or do i just run the "blackra1n" app on my spring board?

2.When we say "re-jailbreak" does that mean my ipod forgets all about it and erases all my third party apps? eg.cydia? winter board?etc..

and its running 3.1.2 firmware so third gen.
  2. sam_rock

sam_rock Active Member

Device:
    Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    1. for ur 3G iPod.Touch Blackra1n is tethered meaning once u shut it off n power on later or reboot, it will stuck at Connect to iTunes screen. connect ur iPod.Touch to pc n run blackra1n again to get through that.

2. in case of a tethered JB thru Blackra1n, rejailbreak is just jailbreaking ur device (running blackra1n again) when ur device is stuck at Connect to iTunes screen which happens after tethered jailbreak.

*** try not to power down ur battery when it is too low to force it shutdown. if u need to apply some changes just respring via SBSettings which is good enough for most times. I hardly turn off my iPod.Touch, nor I force it to shutdown with low battery, so even for a tethered jailbreak it shouldnot be an issue. ***
  3. rcorbin

rcorbin Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    alright man thanks for the help! but one last question what does the "blackra1n" app on my springboard do? does it have any purpose? or..? but thanks again buddy

Please Register or Log in to view images

4. studangerous

studangerous Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    1. When you power down your iPod touch you'll need to connect to your computer (i.e. tether) and run blackra1n on your computyer to boot your iPod touch.

2. You won't lose anything.

edit/ ---ooops too late. sorry

3. you can delete the blackra1n app off the Springboard once you have installed an APT Installer app (e.g. Cydia) and hacktivated with blacksn0w (if required).
  5. rcorbin

rcorbin Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    i have a 3.0 ipod all jailbroke as year or so now but my girlfriend wants here JB too now nad im all new to hactivation? and what not.. so is there a tutorial or anything i can follow? and how would i know if blacksn0w IS required? i feel so stupid.damn
  6. SoBe

SoBe Banned

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    blacksn0w is to unlock the iPhone.