Few Questions

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.x Jailbreak' started by skyline_-, Dec 11, 2007.

1. skyline_-

skyline_- New Member

Hi, I will be getting an Ipod Touch for Christmas -- Iv got a few questions.

1. If I buy the ipod touch within a week what version will my ipod be at? Will it make me upgrade it when I turn it on?

2. Im pretty sure I am correct but can someone clarify? Jailbreak is something you install that puts an application called Installer, which when you use installer you can insert a site (forgot link) that will list applications, games and whatever you want straight from your ipod? Correct?

3. 16gb or 8gb -- I will have about 500 songs, 6 full movies, about 40 episodes of shows, and I will be putting lots of games onto it. hopefully.

Thank you in advance.
  2. ZombieKiller

ZombieKiller Banned

Device:
    iPhone 3G (White)
    1. If the rumors about 1.1.3 are true, then it may be 1.1.3, but if you get an old one from storage, then you may get 1.1.2.

2.Jailbreaking your ipod allows you to get programs that aren't supposed to be on it. Installer is just a app that let's you download stuff.

3. 16GB if the videos aren't compressed.
  3. skyline_-

skyline_- New Member

Ok, thank you. So as of now you cannot put the Jailbreak on 1.1.3 im guessing? Is it downgradable? I think it would be weird to ask a store if I can get an old one from storage, but.. If that comes to that I will.

When you say "Installer is just an app that lets you download stuff" that means you can download it straight from the ipod itself right?
  4. ZombieKiller

ZombieKiller Banned

Device:
    iPhone 3G (White)
    Oh yea, you can just downgrade...

Installer downloads stuff straight to your iPod.
  5. skyline_-

skyline_- New Member

Ok, I just read around the 1.1.3 ipod is still a rumor and is not yet out, so I think if I buy one I will either get a 1.1.2 or a 1.1.1

Can't wait to do this!
  6. skyline_-

skyline_- New Member

Sorry for double post:

One more question, do you need to download a application to change the theme/icons, or how do you go on doing this?
  7. dwonder3

dwonder3 Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Yes you do, the app is called Summerboard. You can find lots of threads on it if you search. Its gonna be one of first apps I install when I get mine for Christmas!
  8. ZombieKiller

ZombieKiller Banned

Device:
    iPhone 3G (White)
    Summerboard and Customize are the best apps for that.
  9. skyline_-

skyline_- New Member

So to get summerboard I will need Jailbreak, then I will need to edit the files on my computer im guessing.
  10. dwonder3

dwonder3 Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    No. I pretty sure you can select a picture and set it as your wallpaper behind icons. If want you can also download themes for your ipod too. A theme is something that will change your wallpapper and icons) I dont know how you go around changing them. Hope that kind of helped.