few questions on creating a repo

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by deezer_47, Mar 31, 2008.

1. deezer_47

deezer_47 New Member

Nov 26, 2007

i want to make a repo so that my friends and any other people i help jailbreak their ipod can add this source instead of adding lots of different sources

i am not tryin to get everyone off using other repos its just it is easier for me to tell them my own instead of saying yeah add this, then this, then this

i have a few questions:

1)where do i get the app files i want to add to my repo?

2)what do i do once i have the files? notepad or something?

i am completely new to this if someone would be kind enough to help me via pm or email it would be greatly welcomed i would give so much props to anyone who helps with this

i have read the create a repo with pictures thread but i got a bit lost after i added the stuff into the uneditedrepo.xml file

thank you for ur help

ps yes i no im a noob lol

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. 13yearoldbaldnerd

13yearoldbaldnerd New Member

Mar 24, 2008
    you get the app files from other repositories. I have never created a repo, so I don't know what to do with them, but I don't think you use notepad...
  3. xFinch713x

xFinch713x New Member

Jan 27, 2008
    read the creating a repo thread at the top. very helpful. and for the other repos, the easiest and quickest way to put everything on yours would be to copy the section you want to add form that repo to yours... idk if it works, but it should.