Few Questions from a iPod Touch Owner!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by soamz, Feb 24, 2010.

1. soamz

soamz New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Hi friends,
    I just got a new iPod Touch v3.1.3 and Im looking to load music, videos and pictures .
    But I see, iTunes is the only way to add them to the iPod Touch.

Please Register or Log in to view images

Anyways, I have few pictures and few songs in there.

Now, I want to add more songs and videos and pictures into the iPod , but whenever Im opening the iTunes, it only asks to SYNC, that means, the existing data will go and new will get overwritten. WTF software from Apple.

Am I missing anything or its the way, how iTunes act ??

And I see, it says,
    MUSIC 1.6 GB
    PICTURES 299 MB
    OTHER 188 MB

Now what is this OTHERS and what is this 188MB being used for ??

Where can I see what is using what space and how can I delete that OTHERS used up space and clean it ??

2. sam_rock

sam_rock Active Member

Device:
    Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    No there is a way. goto SUMMARY tab of ur iPod in iTunes n check 'Manual Syncing' or something. Then jus drag the music n videos onto ur iPod > Music / Videos which will expand once manual sync is enabled. For pictures there is no way. U could sort pictures onto folder n add the main folder to iTunes. And when syncing check the albums(folders) to sync. Till u have photos on ur album in ur iTunes, they won't be removed from ur library when syncing. BTW if u have manual sync music n videos u can add music n videos files via any iTunes library. This only works for music n videos only.
  3. peebrian202869

peebrian202869 Banned

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    press cancel sync then press on you ipod tab then press manually manage music or sumfin like that. other is the software and stuff
  4. soamz

soamz New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Is iTunes the only way to transfer music, videos and pictures to iPod Touch memory ?

I see, some ppl say, DiskAid or FunBox , but none of them both works right. Stupid apps.

Ok I will try Sam's solution, but not sure, if that will work right or not. I will try once I reach home. Thanks.

5. Will Finlay

Will Finlay Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    in itunes. under ipod make sure the box "manually manage music" is checked. then it will let you drag songs from the library into your ipod. its the same for videos. as for photos you have to sync them although if you ask itunes to sync with selected folders then you can navigate it to the folders containing photos you want.
  6. tylobedo

tylobedo Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    It's trying to delete everything off your ipod because it can only be "synced" with one computer. You can manually add things from other computers. Best option would be to just sync it and delete everything, then go manually manage the music and photos from the other computer that you originally sync'd with.
  7. soamz

soamz New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Im confused. How can that happen ? Tylobede
  8. me123

me123 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    iTunes and the iPod use a somewhat heavily proprietary method of storing and retrieving songs and other data. As mentioned the best way to make iTunes 'like' your ipod is to sync with your current computer, it will delete any songs that you don't have in iTunes (ie. only on ipod) but it'll all be fixed.

As it's only a .. 8Gb? ipod I don't think you'll lose THAT many songs.

As for the other software, some may work or not, it all depends on the version of your ipod and such (as you have a newer 3G, may use different USB methods). You best just sync or try the software method to retrieve the songs before synching thus refreshing the ipod's music source.
  9. TakenAppleDownAPeg

TakenAppleDownAPeg Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    apple does this because they are scared sh*tless that they will be sued into oblivion if the RIAA and any other "Anti-piracy" agency finds out that you just added all your friends music and videos to your ipod. you can either use something like sharepod to get all your stuff of and then let iTunes wipe your ipod and then only sync it with that computer or just use a third party app but forfeit the genius mixes, I used TransCopyControl before I rejailbroke my touch, now I just have sync my one playlist of stuff that I want on it.
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    Also the others is usually mostly your JB apps or random info that apple and your apps have collected about you, also when I was using an older build of sharepod it left tons of other like 1.8GB of other, one sync with iTunes cleared most of it.
  10. kingcoolryan

kingcoolryan Member

Device:
    iPad w/ 3G
    use swaptunes