Few Questions/Confusion

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X Jailbreak' started by luloo, Sep 17, 2008.

1. luloo

luloo New Member

Hey all, I tried reading the threads but I am slightly confused. So I have read that to use QuickPwn you need to upgrade to 2.1 via itunes and then run the app. I am on a Mac so I can use Pwnage or Quickpwn. I have good luck with Pwnage in the past but I haven't read many results using that. From what I have read Quickpwn doesn't give you Cydia and Installer, does Pwnage package these in with the custom firmware? Also I assume to use pwnage for 2.1 I need to upgrade to itunes 8.0? Also I have read that the mobileinstallation file is needed before upgrading to get Cydia/Installer to work? Also I assume all apps installed from cydia/Installer will disappear also and will all need to be reinstalled? If someone could let me know that would be great. Thank you in advance, I know it's a series of questions all at once.

Edit: I am also currently on 2.0.1
  2. bobby681

bobby681 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Forget everything you've read on here, all of those were for Windows. Just run Pwnage tool or Quckpwn and everything should be fine. The steps are explained in the programs as you are going along

Please Register or Log in to view images

You should update to 2.1 first before you jailbreak

Please Register or Log in to view images

3. Jarlath

Jarlath Retired Moderator

Most of those issues you read about are Windows users using a hacked version of QuickPwn and not the DevTeam version. On a Mac, all you do is upgrade to iTunes 8, get 2.1 onto your iPod, and then run QuickPwn and you'll have Cydia. You can even pick boot logos if you want. Your version of QuickPwn doesn't require anything special to run. If you want custom firmware (mostly for activating iPhones), then use Pwnage.
  4. bulungula

bulungula New Member

Right.
  5. luloo

luloo New Member

Thanks for your help...haha i got kinda ancy and decided to go ahead before anyone replied and I just used pwnage and it upgraded fine too bad it deleted all of my media but I was comfortable with pwnage since I have used it before. Thank you for all of your help.