few questions about the iTouch

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by sandy38, Nov 16, 2008.

1. sandy38

sandy38 New Member

hello there,

Im about to buy me an itouch 2G, but still got couple questions, even after searching

Please Register or Log in to view images

1. can I install firefox somehow? because there some sites that only work with that, and:

2. am I able to visit firefox only sites with safari? (the standard browser on the touch)

3. does anyone have experience with using a proper pen on the touch instead of fingers? hows the handling with a pen?

4. can I actually convert ANY kind of video filetype into itunes, in order to load it on the touch?

5. how do I writes notes, do you have like a small keyboard layout on the touch or can I write notes with a proper pen on it too?

6. can i use emus (nintendo for example) on the touch as well?

well, thats all I had in mind, would appreacite any kind of help

2. Meikura

Meikura Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    No, Yes, No pen, Sort of, small keyboard layout, and yes (some).

If the file can be imported into iTunes, it can be converted to play. If not, you'll need separate conversion software.
  3. fyvel

fyvel Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    on thinkgeek.com there is a stylus.... and you need a 1st gen ipod to get emus....
  4. alexJD

alexJD New Member

1. No
    2. firefox only sites? ive never had problems with pages not loading on 2g touch
    3. you have to use an ipod touch designed one, not any one, because of how the screen works
    4. Yes
    5. lil keyboard, no writing with pen
    6. not without jailbreak (unavailable to 2g Atm)
  5. JustCallMeCloud

JustCallMeCloud New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    1.) No. Apple doesn't want any apps keeping with the ones that they made so Mozzila never bothered to make one. Opera tried to make a browser but Apple denied it.

2.) I don't believe there is such thing as a Firefox only site. I know that there are Internet Explorer sites such as the Microsoft site, but Firefox, nope

. There are sites that are stated as best viewed from Firefox, but that is just a way for the site to make you believe that you need Firefox and then you download it from their link.

3.) Never used the pen, but it probably easier then using your fingers. When using the keyboard your fingers will slip up and you will press the wrong key, but the iPod Touch has a niffty spell checker for that.

4.) You can convert pretty much any video to the iPod Touch, but I wouldn't suggest using iTunes for that because its limited. Find a nice program to do your converting and use iTunes to manage your videos.

5.) For the most part we have a little keyboard at the bottom of the iPod Touch which can be used to type notes. If you want to use your pen to write notes down, you can download a sketch program and write notes down.

6.) You need to allow 3rd party apps on your iPod (also known as jailbreaking) in order to use Emu's. Jailbreaking only works on older 1st Generation Ipod Touches. Soooo if you get a new iPod you won't be able to use Emu's until someone finds a way to Jailbreak it. This should happen in a couple of months.

lol, guys above, chill. iPod touch = iTouch, iTouch is a newbie way to say it. Doesn't matter

. iGrope is the 1337 way to say it, though

6. Meikura

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Does iGrope lead to iRape... which leads to iPrisonSentence?
  7. SmexyPenguin18

SmexyPenguin18 Active Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    There is a BIG difference between an itouch and an ipod touch. One is a keyboard and one is an ipod.
  8. sandy38

sandy38 New Member

thanks guys thus far for the help, but as I take it still none of you have ever experienced the Touch with a pen?

and yes there are a few streaming sites that only work with firefox, sadly.

oh and in addition, can I install antivir or something like that for protection?

and hmm, so it is also not possible to phone via inernet with a headset due to the touch 2g not being able to be jailbreaked?

all in all it looks like the first gen is much better in utilization

9. Meikura

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Trust me, using your fingers is much better than using a pen.
    Streaming probably means flash, and flash doesn't exist on the iPhone as of yet.
    You don't need antivirus on the iPhone, just like you don't on a Mac.
    And I don't think so yet. Although, apps may be coming that way with the new firmware update. Who knows?

I love my first gen

10. sandy38

sandy38 New Member