Few questions about iPod Touch..

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by macosxleopardfan, Oct 22, 2009.

1. macosxleopardfan

macosxleopardfan Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    I got an iPod Touch 3G 64GB one week ago.. (my 1st ever iPod) Have a few questions which I hope your guys here can solve..

Please Register or Log in to view images

1. Is there any app or tweak which can help me to run .avi files on my IPT directly?

2. When I add Music Videos to my IPT, they appear in the Music category and also in coverflow.. It just ruins my coverflow..

Is there any way I can prevent that from happening? Or can I make the videos show up as an albumart to represent them so that my coverflow isn't spoilt? (The quality of some of the videos is really bad)..

P.S.- I tried adding album art to videos from iTunes but the Coverflow only shows video preview of that file..

3. Does anybody know how to use the small dock or something that you get with a new IPT in the box?

4. The home screens of the IPT (or springboards, whatever it is called...) are limited in number I guess.. I've read somewhere that only 9 of them are available.. What if I have more number of apps? How do I organize them? Where to keep them?
  2. yesno123

yesno123 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
  3. Nburnes

Nburnes Well-Known Member

Device:
    OnePlus One
    Reply in bold
  4. fenderman8000

fenderman8000 Banned

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Music Videos will be in your musics sections on iTunes and your iPod. I hate it too but I deal with it by changing the music videos into movies.
  5. briankh

briankh Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    You can add the album cover art to the music video. Then it will show up like a normal album.
  6. ryanangus

ryanangus Active Member

1. There are many 3rd party players in Cydia. I don't reccomend vlc4iphone though.

2. In iTunes you can add them to an album, so they appear in an album rather than on their own. make sure that they aren't track 1 though.

3. It's not a dock, just an adapter to make your iPod fit in actual docks.

4.If you run out of space, apps are still there - search for them using Spotlight. You can organise them using iTunes 9

Hope that helps

7. macosxleopardfan

macosxleopardfan Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    @all
    Thanx a lot for your valuable inputs.. Very helpful..

Please name the app
    Which one you recommend then?

Can you name a few apps which can do it?
  8. rudykerin

rudykerin New Member

Hi, maybe you can try this powerful total video converter. It is a professional total video converter which can convert between any video formats including MPG, MPEG, MPEG2, MP4, H.264, SWF, FLV, VOB, MOD, M4V, AVI, WMV, 3GP, 3GPP, MOV, DivX, XviD, QuickTime Video, DV, MJPG, MJPEG, MPV, etc, along with HD videos, like HD TS, HD MPG, HD MPEG, HD MP4, HD AVI, etc and extract audio from these video.
    You can free download it here.

http://www.ipodtransfersoft.com/video-converter-platinum.html

Here is the detailed instructions guide you.
    Step 1: Install and Run the Converter
    Step 2: Click “Add File” to add your video files.
    Step 3: you can find one format that meets your requirement from the “Profile” drop-down list
    After doing the steps above, you can click “START” button to start conversion.
    If you just want converter a clip of your video, then you can use the "Trim" icon to set the Start time and End time of the clip or you can directly drag the slide bar to the accurate position.
    Hope this helps.

Just go to have a try, hope this sharing can help you.
    Good luck.
  9. xinzhitan14

xinzhitan14 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    In regards to playing avi files natively on the ipod touch 3G, i have not found a good working program yet. VLC4iphone seems to lag quite a bit on my 3G ipod touch. Crashes occasionally as well, then there is xyflash which i tried and found out it didnt work for 3G so that was kind of a waste.
  10. macosxleopardfan

macosxleopardfan Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    ^Hmm... thanx for replying !!
    So I think there is no other option other than converting? In this day and age when most other premium PMPs support almost all audio/video format you throw at it, this IPT 3G just shows that Apple needs to catch up with the competition..

@rudykerin
    I didn't want a converter.. I already have one.. I wanted to know if there was any app which would allow me to run .avi files on my IPT.
    and BTW, the software you linked me to was meant for Windows.. I'm a Mac user (You could have understood it from my user ID itself).
    Anyways, thanx for replying