Few questions about 2.0

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X Jailbreak' started by Led, Jul 27, 2008.

1. Led

Led Banned

Jan 27, 2008
    Long story short: I just got back from the switzerland/germany area after about two weeks and i'm real jet lagged and i don't want to spend 30 minutes looking through the barely passable search engine and i know i sound like a douche but few questions:

1) Is winpwn safe? I've never used it before and have stuck with iliberty. I can find a tutorial for somewhere online but i don't want to screw up my touch.

2) I bought 20 dollars worth of apps. If i restore my touch (as required by winpwn) do i get to keep my apps?

3) Are there any apps working for 2.0? Is it worth jailbreaking?

2. dualcorex

dualcorex New Member

Sep 16, 2007
    yes you keep your payed apps
    yes it is safe as long as you dont change the boot logos
  3. mlbplayer456

mlbplayer456 Banned

Nov 11, 2007
    1. WinPwn is not as safe as it should be, its not exactly a jailbreak. it just creates custom firmware and tells itunes it's ok for your ipod to run it. I would wait for a real jailbreak.

2. Once you plug in your ipod to itunes you can transfer your purchases to itunes. if you already restored you can buy them all back for free.

3.As of now i would say no, its not worth it, only a few apps are made for it. i would wait a couple of weeks until major developers are contacted to develop or rewrite more.