Few more problems

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by Laqia, Aug 7, 2010.

1. Laqia

Laqia New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    So as you guys know I'm still new to the scene. Still trying to learn as much as I can so I can fix my own issues but for now, all I can do is search and ask.

First of all. I'd like to introduce myself. I'm glad to be here and hope to stay for a while and learn more about my device.

I recently jailbroke my touch 3g on 4.0. The first problem I ran into was SSH. I downloaded Open SSH, Toggle SSH, and WinSCP. When I entered the password 'Alpine' it gave me access denied error in Win SCP. I doubt checked everything and all my other entries (ip address, name, etc) all were fine. Don't really know what's going on ><

Second, I have a problem with yxflash. Any time I try to open yxflash it pops up briefly then jumps back to my springboard. I see a quick white flash then it just closes out.

Last, Does anyone run into a problem where when you go back to springboard all your hidden apps suddenly appear again? Respringing fixes the issue, but it's annoying ...
  2. Badd_Blood

Badd_Blood Well-Known Member

"I recently jailbroke my touch 3g on 4.0. The first problem I ran into was SSH. I downloaded Open SSH, Toggle SSH, and WinSCP. When I entered the password 'Alpine' it gave me access denied error in Win SCP. I doubt checked everything and all my other entries (ip address, name, etc) all were fine. Don't really know what's going on ><"

Answer - I use iFunBox (google it) you just plug in the iPod. At least I think it's the same as SSH (I have never used the SSH thing on it.)

"Second, I have a problem with yxflash. Any time I try to open yxflash it pops up briefly then jumps back to my springboard. I see a quick white flash then it just closes out."

Answer - It's most likely not compatible with iOS 4 yet.

"Last, Does anyone run into a problem where when you go back to springboard all your hidden apps suddenly appear again? Respringing fixes the issue, but it's annoying ..."

Answer - I can't answer this one I never tried hiding apps.
  3. Laqia

Laqia New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Alright thanks

Please Register or Log in to view images

Can anyone confirm if iFunBox works the same as SSH?
  4. m0in

m0in Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    It does
  5. PackerEagles10

PackerEagles10 Banned

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    If you download the Rock app from cydia it will ask you to change your SSH root password. If you changed it without know then try rerunning OpenSSH or you can try using a different program such as CyberDuck hope I helped!
  6. Laqia

Laqia New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    God dammit. If it's not one thing it's another. I synced my ipod recently and downloaded some games from [PIRACY]us before I synced it. The games came from [PIRACY]us and took like 30 minutes to download. After I stop syncing I went to my springboard and the games disappeared ... Going to sync fully this time maybe they'll come back lol.
  7. RandomEskimo

RandomEskimo Active Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (Black)
    Ye might want to remove some of ye scurvy post, ye saavy?
  8. iBricked

iBricked Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    There is an update for moboleterminal somewhere, just download it and search for "change root and mobile passwords with mterminal"
  9. deadlyvirus

deadlyvirus New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Look for the beta of MobileTerminal. The BETA. The regular one doesn't work.
  10. flyingguitar

flyingguitar Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 6
    I recommend using winSCP not that other stuff. And make sure the username is 'root' and that your local IP adress is correct. Also try rebooting the device if you can. That should fix any issues. O and also make sure you using SSH in winSCP