Few Mobile Mail Questions

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by bkushner, Dec 26, 2007.

1. bkushner

bkushner New Member

Dec 23, 2007
    1. Is there a way to delete a bunch of messages in your mailbox or all the messages at one time versus EDIT and DELETE individually?

2. Is there a BCC field? I know there is a setting to send yourself a BCC but in the compose screen I can't find a BCC field?

3. Is there a way to go into your mail account without an automatic check for new mail?

4. You can set to empty your trash can in days but how do you empty the sent mail folder automatically and if not how can I delete all messages at once (see question #1)

2. DerekVOF

DerekVOF Active Member

Oct 8, 2007
    1. Nope - one at a time unfortunately - but see my note at the end
    2. Pretty sure there isn't - sorry...
    3. Turn off Wi-Fi then go in... that's the only way I know off...
    4. You can't be default...

Just a note - your best for using Mail is to get an IMAP account. That'll let you do mass deletes on your desktop computer and your iPod Touch and account will be kept in sync all the time. It's really a better option. Mail is good for mobile messages, but really isn't designed to replace a fully functional mail client on the desktop. If you want to try out IMAP, get a Gmail account...
  3. sct_nh

sct_nh New Member

Oct 11, 2007
    If you slide your finger across a message subject while in the inbox it will show a delete button. Thats the quickest way to delete