Few issues just cropped up...

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by haleigh, Jan 16, 2009.

1. haleigh

haleigh New Member

Hi everyone. I'm new here, and I got a first gen. touch a few months back. I'm having some problems that I was hoping someone could help me with.

1. A few months ago, (to make the long story short) I got in a fight and the end result was my ipod flying out of my bag and getting insanely scratched. I did the old toothpaste-on-the-CD trick and it got some of the little scratches from the front, but how much success have you gotten from other products, like applesauce?

2. My ipod won't show up in my computer. It shows up fine in itunes, but it won't show up! I'm trying to pull the music off of my ipod onto my computer since I got a new one, but I can't do it. I downloaded various progams to help, but my ipod won't connect to them either. Any tips?

-Haleigh
  2. eric_chaos

eric_chaos Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Im not sure about scratches, but as far as your ipod showing up in My Computer...

If you want to copy your music off it, use SSH. Or some other software like, iPhoneBrowser.
  3. Teslanaut

Teslanaut Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Get DiskAid and copy the entire "iTunes_Control" folder into iTunes. iTunes will decrypt the file in there that tells the true file names to each song along with all the other Metadata.