Few General questions about the touch

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by ppp111, Jan 5, 2008.

1. ppp111

ppp111 New Member

Hi Everyone,

I am new here, and I just got my ipod touch.

I have a few questions

1) Do you need to push the home button in and hold for a bit, for it to work for you? or is it like the wheel on the nano? I seem to need to hold the home button down and push in a bit.

2) Did your touch come with a screen protector, that folds over the space to charge? I haven't removed this protective screen, but it has an air bubble in the middle. I don't want to remove it, until I get another screen protector.

3) I am reading and viewing some of the videos to jailbreak my ipod touch but it seems like the terms ipod touch and iphone are used interchangeably, is the same process used for both devices?

thanks.
  2. spoonforknife

spoonforknife Retired Moderator

1. It should be instant
    2. It is to protect it during shipping
    3. No. the iPhone is more difficult to jailbreak, because it doesn't just have the firmware. If you have any jailbreaking trouble, you can follow my tutorials in my signature.
  3. Danls92

Danls92 Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    1. As soon as I here the small click that means it's pushed all of the way in, it works.

2)Yes it came with a screen protector.

3) They are generally the same, but it would still follow iPod specific instructions.
  4. jcl

jcl New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I removed the shipping screen protector. Think it is fine as long as you don't scratch at it or get dirt on it. And, the cloth should be able to clean figure marks after using it for a while.
  5. ppp111

ppp111 New Member

Thanks for the replies, and spoonforknife I will take a look at your tutorial.