Feel Like Getting A Zune

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by dude19, Jan 4, 2008.

1. dude19

dude19 Banned

Ive been thinking about getting a zune not to replace my touch but simply because the bigger hdd the music subscription service. so do you think i should or shouldnt get it because i dont have hundreds of dollars to buy songs from itunes (im just a teen without a job,i have to finish community service before i get paid 40 hrs

Please Register or Log in to view images

) and the touch cant hold much at least my 16gb cant filled it up with south park lol. so should i or shouldnt i ..this would replace my unused for a year now unused psp(gave me headaches) and my 30gb video which i basically use as storage .so if anyone has the new one maybe gimme some details on wether or not its good and if i use boot camp on the macbook will zune software work (assuming it will) thanks
  2. Flipzter

Flipzter Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    I pounced on one the $96 Black Friday brown zunes from Dell. They weren't able to send me brown so they sent me white. For the price I would say that was the best buy I ever made. Of course I sold it 2 days later to a friend for the same price paid. But it was actually a really nice player. Ugly as Hell. Blocky. Dunno how to explain it, but it has a thin layer of clear plastic over the player. It's like a 5 mm hard plastic clear layer over the white. Layout is simple and easy to use. Zune software is not as bloated as iTunes, but stripped down to basics. Again, ugly but easy to use. My wife doesnt care about gadgets, but I placed my 30gb ipod video next to the zune and even she laughed. If you can get one cheap, buy it.
  3. spoonforknife

spoonforknife Retired Moderator

Dude. It's a Zune. You can kill them on the touch. You can also use it as a doorstop (it looks like one, I mean it's brown).
  4. dude19

dude19 Banned

yes but touch has like a 1/5 of the space of the zune they may be bulky but it just feels better in my hands (so use to ipod videos bulk) than the thin ipod touch, i saw one of my friends and the screen i so nice at least i think its prettty shiny and 250 +$15 unlimited music every month, but how does there drm work like you have to sync at least once monthly or what? oh and spoonforknife in real life the zune could kill the touch

edit. i also believe that you dont need to buy any special zune cables to output video to your tv which is a plus since i already have like 5 rca cables and shouldnt have to spend 50 dollas to get some shiny white ones with a chip in them.
  5. Vissionary

Vissionary New Member

I own a touch and a zune 30. While I love the touch, I use the zune for mainly music ( i.e. car, work, etc.) IMO the sound quality on the zune is better than the touch. I have nearly 60 gigs of music so storage space is essential...it all just depends on your needs. For the price the zune is a great deal.
  6. Nayfe

Nayfe New Member

why you hatin the touch dude don't know much about these zunes but why fill touch up with south park onrle or two but not like whole box sets... End of the day this is is a site for the touch if you gunna be hatin then well f*** off

7. dude19

dude19 Banned

They both have differences and maybe i like something about the other device that the one i own doesnt have theres nothing wrong with that just because i come to this site doesnt mean i have to love apple and my ipod touch just as much as you obviously do. i like my ipod touch all the apps and everything , i just think that maybe the zune is better as a music player than the ipod because it offers well a music subscription and my ipod touch has a nice big screen to play all the shows i can download from itunes, which the zune doesnt offer, just as apple doesnt offer a music subscription ...(they complete each other

)and dont ever tell me too f*** off because buying a device from a company doesnt justify that i have to love their device like you do, and doesnt mean i cant go out and buy another device so i can never come back to this site. so dont think your all high and mighty because you can curse on the internet and feel proud to tell me to f*** off (no hard feelings tho

.ok off topic lol

oh and i dont fill my touch with box sets im just on winter break so listening to music all day can get a bit boring and south park passes the time.

Should have changed the title.im not getting rid of my touch im just getting a music player to go along side it
  8. Flipzter

Flipzter Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    I think if I get the chance to purchase another zune for $96 for the 30 gigi, i'll smile and buy it. I actually wish I had kept it so I could use it for my truck. Damn thing looks like it will take a beating and still play. It's much more ruggedly built than the touch or any of the ipods. But, it's still ugly. I think after owning an ipod, you cant help but compare the aesthetics of the 2 and the zune will come up short.

But using it as a mass storage player is a pretty good idea. It has great sound, nice screen size, and is easy to use. If the zune is what you can afford, get a zune. (But hide it when your friends are around

)
  9. dude19

dude19 Banned

haha thanks for the advice did you ever like add music to it even tho you had it for only 2 days i think you said, was it easy to get the music on it ? also was the radio clear cuz thats one of the main reasons im getting it.
  10. Flipzter

Flipzter Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    Yeah, adding music is easy. Adding video is easy but time consuming due to all my videos being ripped for an ipod. I thought they played the same format, mp4, but when adding to the zune, it says converting video and takes hours to convert. Make your videos the right format. use a video to zune converter before you add them. Much quicker. ]

FM radio actually worked great. No problems with clarity or weak signal. I played with it for 2 days trying to decide whether to keep it or my 30 gig ipod video. The looks are what actually decided it for me. The zune is actually a nice player, just still to gawky for me.