F'd-up restore

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.4 Jailbreak' started by Wyatt2987, Jun 12, 2008.

1. Wyatt2987

Wyatt2987 Banned

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Ok sooo I restored my iPod because I didnt want it jailbroken anymore. And I restored on another machine and I said restore from backup. I had the jan. App pack but now I dont have it anymore. It doesnt show up in my summary and where the apps should be, there are spaces. What the f*** do I do? I'm not paying for those four apps again.
  2. flattop95

flattop95 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    you have to restore with the cpu the apps came with, try calling apple or restoring on the original cpu
  3. NKVD

NKVD New Member

Or just use your iPod with Jailbreak.

iPod Touch = Nice

iPod Touch with Jailbreak = OMGWTFBBQ!
  4. gojohnnyboi

gojohnnyboi Well-Known Member

Ok, listen

Heres how you get them back:

Way one:

1. Restore with the computer you bought them on, under the itunes account you bought them under

Way two:

1. On your old computer navigation to
    XP:
    Code:
    C:\Documents and Settings\USERNAME\Application Data\Apple Computer\iTunes\Mobile Applications
    VISTA:
    Code:
    C:\Users\USERAME\Application Data\Apple Computer\iTunes\Mobile Applications
    I'm not sure about the applications folder but it iwll be something like Mobile Applications. Also not sure about the vista path.

2. Copy that file onto a portable drive or device]
    3. Put it on the new computer, in the same location
    4. Sync your ipod on the new computer, with the account you bought the app pack with. That will put them on there and you will have them on there forever, even when you restore, it will sync them back. Just dont delete the file from your computer

Hope this helps
    -John
  5. Wyatt2987

Wyatt2987 Banned

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    I called apple and they said to just sync my iPod to the old computer and it should work. I'll see what happens. I dont want to restore on the old one cause its old and slow as crap. It took 15-20 mins to get my music back on my iPod on the new computer but on the old one it takes almost 2 hours.
  6. Wyatt2987

Wyatt2987 Banned

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Ok so the crap that they told me didnt work, and the computer file you guys told me was confusing. I didnt see that file and somethings wrong with the file search on that computer. I guess I'll call again tomorrow and either those assholes are giving me my credit back or they're gonna find some way to get my upgrade back because this is rediculous. Its in my purchase history that I purchased it so they should have no problem reembercing me. Any other suggestions?
  7. Joe Rossignol

Joe Rossignol Community Manager Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    You should be all good if it's in your purchase history, there's no way you'll be snagged out of those applications you purchased, you have proof. Also, you'll have to plug in your iPod touch to the computer you originally synced the January App Pack with, because of DRM (Digital Rights Management). DRM remembers that you purchased the January App Pack and which iPod touch it was synced to.
  8. ElectricMan5

ElectricMan5 New Member

And another downside of jailbreaking.....

When i restored my iPod and lost the music i bought on it's store, they let me download ALL THE MUSIC I EVER BOUGHT ON ITUNES!!! I had like 3000 songs being downloaded... They might as well let you download the update again, since you already bought it! But always, they chide you for Jailbreaking it. Before I became good with this stuff, i brought it to the Apple store when the little swirly icon appeared when it was booting up, and got stuck there. They refused to help me! But now I'm better, and all my freinds pay me to fix there iPhones or iPods or they go to my site

Please Register or Log in to view images

9. Wyatt2987

Wyatt2987 Banned

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Yeah so shouldn't they have to give me something back in return if I can prove that I already bought it?
  10. sunnyboi14

sunnyboi14 Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Jailbreak, install openssh, then the jan app pack, then uninstall Installer with ssh.

Where to install the jan app pack? Myinstallerrepo.googlepages.com/repo.xml. If this is too complicated for you, then dont do it. Just like you said the other way was "too hard".