[Faulty] Neo Touch

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by Kudos, Jul 29, 2009.

1. Kudos

Kudos New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Hello,

This is my first post of these boards and I'm sure there will be more in the future.

For my Birthday a couple of weeks ago, my wife bought me an iPod Touch 2g. I've read that the back chrome gets scratched a lot if uncared for properly.

I decided to buy a Switch Easy Neo Touch case to protect my new iPod. I thought it would be much easier to buy the case from a retailer then Switch Easy directly as I'm from the UK and they are US company.

The retailer I chose was Amazon UK. Within a couple of days the case arrived and I was fairly happy with the smart packaging. Upon putting on my case, I noticed that there was a small raised part on the Iframe [Near the power button] which clicks every time I pressed it. I've tried reapplying the case over and over and still the case clicks. This leads me to think that the case is a poorly made case and I would just have to live with it.

A week later we went on our summer holidays to Turkey. I noticed that the Iframe part of the case started to shrivel and warp, as if the sun has burnt it. The case is never in direct sunlight or heat and I ensure the case stays protected from heat.(The heat in Turkey was around 46 dec) The Iframe material started to fall off and it now just looks like a mess. I've taken some pictures of the case and it's damage.

Please advise me on what you would do if you was in my situation. Would you contact Amazon or Switch Easy?

Or even if the same thing happened to you, what did you do?

(Please note under no circumstances have I picked/pealed this case. Also apologies for my bad spelling, I've pretty much just got back from Turkey)

Kind Regards,
    Jack

Attached Files:

2. reaper00004

reaper00004 Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Contact switcheasy. Something is seriously wrong with that case
  3. Pandawg

Pandawg Community Development

Do as he says. I have one, but in white, and it never did anything like that
  4. Kudos

Kudos New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Thank you to both. I think if I contacted Amazon, they would tell me to contact the company who made the product. It's a nice case that has just 'ruined' its self.

What are SwitchEasy like on complaints? Hopefully I might get a new case to replace the old.

Regards,
    Jack
  5. Vince

Vince Active Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    I've heard their customer service is good.

I have a black neotouch as well, been on my iPod for over 7 months now. The I-frame does click, but the only time I notice it is when playing a landscape game that requires me to tap the screen quickly (like iCopter). And mine has had quite a bit of sun exposure. Just a comparison for you.
  6. Kudos

Kudos New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Hello,

I would just like to update this thread for people who may be interested in how switcheasy deals with complaints.

I contacted SwitchEasy regarding my case on the 02/08/2009. I received what seemed to be an automated reply on the 02/08/2009, which asked to provide the paypal transaction number even though I did not pay via paypal or even via the switch easy website.

I sent an email back to SwitchEasy stating the above, and they sent me a reply on the fourth asking for pictures of the damage, My name and my address. On 06/08/2009 I got confirmation that I was to receive a new part for my case, free of change, however it might take along time to get to the UK from the US.

On 07/08/2009, I received an automated email from stamps saying that the case has been sent from SwitchEasy. Today the parcel case through my letterbox.

Now, I don't know about you but I'm amazed at how quick it took to get from Tracey, CA. To England. Two thumbs up to SwitchEasy I think.
  7. reaper00004

reaper00004 Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Do you know if they have a warranty or something or if they just do this all the time?
    Because I'd like to try one of their rebel cases and get a new one when it sags
  8. Hellishness

Hellishness Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    if i remember they have a two year warrenty.....but dont even think about quoting me on that cuz i really have no idea.....